Upper_Krust: Fix This

WarDragon

First Post
Phantom Llama said:
There are lots of 'quodruplings' in the Portfolios chapter. It's spelt 'quadrupled'.

There are still lots of 'enchantment bonuses'. Enchantment is a school of magic relating to mind control. Enhancement is the bonus type. The first example that springs to mind is the Object portfolio, at least back in the 2.2 version.
The Beastiary is riddled with this mistake, as well.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Upper_Krust said:
I fixed it in the print version. ;)

Hey UK, long time no see (I've been busy). Any news on when the print edition might see the light of day? The website says 2007 -- can I expect December, or is the website outdated?

CRGreathouse said:

Hey CRGreathouse mate! :D

CRGreathouse said:
long time no see (I've been busy).

Good to have you back! :)

CRGreathouse said:
Any news on when the print edition might see the light of day?

As soon as I know, you guys will know.

CRGreathouse said:
The website says 2007 -- can I expect December, or is the website outdated?

All I have been told at this point is 2007. So I don't have more to go on at this point, sorry.

WarDragon

First Post
The Chaos portfolio has a "Greater Taint of Chaos," but no "Taint of Chaos."

The Disease portfolio has the old Quasi-deity power in the middle of its Appearance description. Also, its Cosmic Imperfections refer to Wisdom and Strength, instead of Stoicism.

In Entropy's Temporal Vulnerability weakness, you should specify that only negative effects are multiplied. As-is, they'd get more benefit from a Haste spell.

The description of Doombringer under the Fear portfolio is wrong. Under Redivivus, it should be "enemy's," not "enemies."

In the Double Fertility Demeanor, it should be "more," not "mors." And why is it connected to fire?

I really doubt you meant to give Good deities the Poisonous Blood effect.

Should the names of the Knowledge powers really include "Wise," since that's a separate portfolio? And shouldn't Polymath be a free or standard action, not always active?

The Law portfolio lists "Greater Taint of Law" twice, with no "Taint of Law."

Love's powers also mention Wisdom, which has to be wrong.

Luck's "Blur" power says "as displacement." What does the summoned creatures' luck bonus apply to?

Mountain's Legendary Constitution refers to Dexterity.

What does a Revenge Prophet's Favored Enemy bonus apply to?

On Science, you have Aversion to Magic as both a strength and a weakness. Seems odd.

Why does Secrets penalize the most important ability score for its favored class?

Stoicism lists Total Wisdom as an Old One power, but the description is correct.

The X Body/Mind/Spirit/Soul line of abilities are still confused as to what the bonus is equal to (which are divine rank, and which are ability mod?).

I just noticed there's nothing that says how you determine what Animal Companion benefits a Dragon Companion gets.

WarDragon

First Post
You still don't list which ability score sets the DC for effects... it says "key ability bonus," but we have no way to determine what that is.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
You still need to do something about divine template abilities and divine abilities, cosmic abilities, ect. not having the same wording for abilities that have precisely the same names. It's very confusing. Now that my gaming group is getting more into the more powerful games...the sidereals are posing a problem with this especially.

For example...Cosmic Firmament. It is available to all sidereals and above, but it's functions are vastly different when you look at the templates and compare them to the divine abilities.

Also...prerequisites for various abilities...such as Evil Eye, dont seem to be included in the templates, although they really should be. Are you going to note this somewhere...that prerequisites are also acquired automatically?

Also...the ordering of the Dimensional Mastery abilities isnt alphabetical...is this intentional (by dimensions) or is it just out of order?

Fecundity...can we have it back...it's essential to nature deities. Especially since many nature deities should be able to make nature pristine with their merest presence.

Now that ur getting closer to the grindstone, Im gonna try to get some of these errors cleared up by mentioning them before they are forgotten.

;)

Last edited:

paradox42

First Post
dante58701 said:
Also...prerequisites for various abilities...such as Evil Eye, dont seem to be included in the templates, although they really should be. Are you going to note this somewhere...that prerequisites are also acquired automatically?
Actually, technically templates don't need to include prerequisite abilities with granted powers, because there's precedent with feats. Many times in the various Monster Manuals, you will see a monster that doesn't meet a prerequisite for a particular feat, but is specifically given the feat as a bonus feat from its race. Bonus feats don't need to meet prerequisites, because they're intrinsic to the race somehow. I'd suggest that the divine/cosmic/even transcendental powers granted by these Portfolios essentially become intrinsic to the Immortal's "race," whatever you take that to mean, and thus don't necessarily need to also grant prerequisites in addition to the powers they would thus qualify for.

However, in such case I would recommend that UK explicitly note in the POrtfolio chapter that powers granted by Portfolios- as long as they're "in theme" for the particular Portfolio in question- don't need to meet prerequisites. This is also a way one might avoid worrying about getting certain powers in Portfolios with the ability score weaknesses when a deity is likely to be disqualified on the basis of ability score because of said weakness. If the Portfolio itself grants it, the prerequisite is irrelevant.

U_K! While I might have missed something, it appears that You already found the solution for the "broken-ness" of Legendary [Ability Score]! In fact, the solution was written before you even finished chapter 4. Virtual Size categories are only granted by natural bonuses to strength. Just make Legendary [Ability Score] a Supernatural Ability. Then we can have our crazy 1000 strength barbarians without also giving the Akashic Library a heart attack every time we flex our Anti-matter-powered muscles.

Oh, and Absolute (the Omnific power) still doesn't have a benefit listed. It still says "You gain all the [unfinished sentence]..."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases