D&D 5E Using "D&D 2024" instead of "5e24"

the Jester

Legend
Doesn't make it right, and it's gotten worse as WotC 5e has become more popular. It's a serious, "Now all restaurants are Taco Bell" situation.
Nobody is stopping anyone from playing another game. I've played a bunch of different systems since the 5e launch. They're out there, and many groups are happy for a change of pace.

Oofta

Legend
I calling it 5.5E and ignoring everyone who is using market speak.
Bah humbug! I'm calling it Forge Pancake because I'm ignoring what everyone else is saying! ;)

I kid, I don't care what anyone else calls it and there's nothing wrong with calling it 5.5E. Or the Forge Pancake edition. It was never even officially called "D&D One", that was supposed to be a code name for a whole bunch of initiatives like the new revision, the VTT and DDB changes.

I'll just call it D&D with the 2024 revisions, the current edition, maybe refer to the 2014 edition as the "Original 5E" or whatever becomes most popular. It's not going to really matter except on forum discussions and most of the time it will usually be pretty clear.

So what. They don't want you using .5 this time. So
Do as you wish. I don't think it matters at all, as long as it contains D&D or a 5.
Because otherwise I guess it would hurt all the people using 5e on the cover mote than WotC.

If you are sensitive to being foiled by marketing speech, resist!

Scribe

Legend
Dang right! Everything else is 3rd party!
canada deal with it GIF

Remove ads