[v.3.5] Realmsian Dragonstar: The Battle of Toril PbP Game [IC] (Game Cancelled)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"The empire demands compliance to help make it operate, and it may require some of you to serve it with something as benign as the extraction of your world's resources, or your actual physical labor and servitude in order to handle its needs. Either way, you will not have a say in the situation as long as your world is conquered. If we can fight off the invasion long enough to have you enter the Empire on your own terms, you may be allowed a certain level of sovereignty," Rodan says in answer to the questions of enslavement. Upon Loranys' request he says, "I will join your patrols. Just tell me where I am needed."

Shayuri

First Post
Silhouette smiles a hard little smile at Rodan's words.

"I assure you, I have some experience having a say when others would prefer I didn't. Thrak can help you patrol. I'll be needing my rest to recover power. I spent quite a bit of magic today...and tomorrow doesn't seem like it will be much different."

The goliath nodded and surveyed the campsite and its area.

KainG

Explorer
After Silhouette had analyzed the slain elf's surviving gear, it was agreed that it would be best to salvage what could still be used into the battles to come. It was morbid business, but no one felt they could afford to be overly sentimental at this point. The sole exception was Kethrendil's sword. It appeared to be a family heirloom, and no one was trained to wield it properly in any case.

Yin Hun had opted to take Kethrendil's ring of protection +2, +1 returning dagger, and +1 composite longbow. Although Yin Hun had his assault blaster and blaster pistol, he had to conserve the energy. Fortunately, he had some basic skill with the bow.

"Sorry about this, soldier, but you can rest easy," the man said, overlooking the elf's burnt body. "I'll make sure to put these to good use. We'll get back at them for you."

-----

Yin Hun was a bit frustrated. He wanted to start making his way to Anauroch as soon as he could. His fellow resistance fighters were in trouble, and he wanted to make sure no one else would be lost. But at the same time, he recognized that because of the distance, that option was not optimal. This Candlekeep was closer, and may hold useful intelligence about this old Netheril location, and maybe a means to get there faster.

Loranys' request for aid would be a good way to relieve some of that frustration. "I'll join you as well. Need to work off some of his energy." Yin Hun turned to Rodan. "Sir, if you have a personal communicator, I'd recommend you and Emiko sync up on channel frequencies. She'll remain with the camp and serve as base control."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"The empire demands compliance to help make it operate, and it may require some of you to serve it with something as benign as the extraction of your world's resources, or your actual physical labor and servitude in order to handle its needs. Either way, you will not have a say in the situation as long as your world is conquered. If we can fight off the invasion long enough to have you enter the Empire on your own terms, you may be allowed a certain level of sovereignty," Rodan says in answer to the questions of enslavement.
Belgeon shakes his head in disbelief and anger. "If Faerûn wasn't so fractured, I'd say we could hope for some independance against this empire. The Zhents have already gone over to the other side. What will the Red Wizards do? And that is just this area of Toril. What will happen to the rest ofthe world? Will other lands surrender rather than fight?" Belgeon looks at the haggard citizens of Baldur's Gate. "Can Faerûn join this empire on its own or will the entire world have to submit? If the latter, there is little hope that Toril won't be conquered."

"Better to leave Faerûn behind," an old man says while unhitching one of the wagons. "If there are other places beyond this empire's reach, we should go there. We could find a ship and sail to a distant shore where we can hide from them."

"These invaders likely can go anywhere on Toril, elderman," Loranys replies. "Fleeing to a new land likely won't keep them from finding us. Perhaps you could find a portal to another world. Leave Toril behind completely if you like. I'd rather stay and fight for my world."

After Silhouette had analyzed the slain elf's surviving gear, it was agreed that it would be best to salvage what could still be used into the battles to come. It was morbid business, but no one felt they could afford to be overly sentimental at this point. The sole exception was Kethrendil's sword. It appeared to be a family heirloom, and no one was trained to wield it properly in any case.

Yin Hun had opted to take Kethrendil's ring of protection +2, +1 returning dagger, and +1 composite longbow. Although Yin Hun had his assault blaster and blaster pistol, he had to conserve the energy. Fortunately, he had some basic skill with the bow.

"Sorry about this, soldier, but you can rest easy," the man said, overlooking the elf's burnt body. "I'll make sure to put these to good use. We'll get back at them for you."
"We should bury him," Loranys suggests. "I doubt that would be what his people would want, but I'd rather not have the smell attract predators. From what I've heard, he fought and died bravely. We will give him a proper cairn on the plains away from the forest."

She motions to several guards. They come and wrap Keth's body before taking him away towards the east. They join a patrol heading out to check for danger.

"Bury him near a tree, if you can," Belgeon says loudly. "Someplace green and wild."

Upon Loranys' request he says, "I will join your patrols. Just tell me where I am needed."
Silhouette smiles a hard little smile at Rodan's words.

"I assure you, I have some experience having a say when others would prefer I didn't. Thrak can help you patrol. I'll be needing my rest to recover power. I spent quite a bit of magic today...and tomorrow doesn't seem like it will be much different."

The goliath nodded and surveyed the campsite and its area.
Yin Hun was a bit frustrated. He wanted to start making his way to Anauroch as soon as he could. His fellow resistance fighters were in trouble, and he wanted to make sure no one else would be lost. But at the same time, he recognized that because of the distance, that option was not optimal. This Candlekeep was closer, and may hold useful intelligence about this old Netheril location, and maybe a means to get there faster.

Loranys' request for aid would be a good way to relieve some of that frustration. "I'll join you as well. Need to work off some of his energy." Yin Hun turned to Rodan. "Sir, if you have a personal communicator, I'd recommend you and Emiko sync up on channel frequencies. She'll remain with the camp and serve as base control."
"We need a patrol to scout the edge of the forest and see how active the spiders and other creatures are right now. Belgeon, go with them. Scout as much of the edge as you can but don't get to close. If you see any giant spiders, either make sure they don't see you or put them to the sword."

"Yes sir," Belgeon replies with a salute.

He heads out toward the Cloak Wood with Sil, Soumral, Thrak, and Yin Hun. Two other young Fists go with the group. Rodan, Emiko, and the others stay in the makeshift camp while Shazer'a goes with the other patrol to find a good spot to bury Keth. Nel goes with him. They set their comms to match the signal being used by Emiko, so they can stay in touch.

The Cloak Wood soon rises above the western patrol. At first, there are no sounds. Then, there is clear rustling coming from deep within the trees. Whatever is moving in there is confident in its strength, or is mindlessly fearless.

"I don't like this at all," one of the Fist's says.

"Quiet," Belgeon whispers. "There is something else." He goes silent and soon a rhythmic tone repeats over and over again. "I've never heard anything like that before." He looks at the others, puzzled.

"Sir, I smell something awful," the other Fist whispers. "It's like something is burning."

The rustling goes silent, as light flares along the edge of the tree-line in the distance. The group moves away from the forest and moves quickly in the direction of the glow. What you find is an odd sight to the native Faerûnians, but Yin Hun recognizes it immediately. An escape pod of some kind. It has crashed through the trees leaving a burned trail and lies just outside the forest. The smell is burning plastic and other manufactured parts. The pod is total loss and the body inside is burnt to a crisp.

"What is it?" Belgeon asks Yin Hun. "Is it dangerous?"

Pockets of burning embers smolder in the damp earth of the forest. The area around the pod is completely blackened. Luckily, it didn't start a brush fire, but several bent and blackened trees still burn beyond the edge of the tree-line. The whole forest could go up in flames. Then, you see them. Four massive spider husks burnt to cinders along the edge of the forest. all of them were the size of a wolf or bigger.

"Oh, that's a bad smell," Belgeon says. "We can only hope it doesn't bring out-"

A deep heavy growling-hiss emanates from somewhere in the foliage. It sounds very big and very hungry.

"W-we, we need to go," Belgeon backs away from the pod. "Please don't be that. Anything but that."

Distant trees crackle and snap as something quite large makes its way towards the burnt out pod and cooked spiders. There is a low grunting hiss that sounds like a lizard on the hunt. Two large eyes appear on the edge of the woods. It steps out into the blackened path of the pod and licks at the largest burnt spider. It is deep green in color and has dragon-like wings. It begins feasting on the dead spider but then looks towards group at the edge of the tree-line.

"D-dragon," one of Fists says with fear.

"No, not a true wyrm," Belgeon says with his bow at the ready. "A harrowblade." He turns to the two Fists. "Back to the camp! Warn Loranys that there is greenspawn out here! We will hold it off! Go!"

The harrowblade roars and rushes forward just as the two Fist retreat back to the camp.

OOC: Roll initiative. :D

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Thrak grins and draws a massive two-handed sword with a blade of black iron engraved with silvery runes from a sheathe over his back.

"Not so great as a mountain," he rumbles. "But you'll do."

His eyes flare with an incandescent blue light that spreads out in strange patterns over his armor and his movements become accelerated; jinking and jittering about, seeming to zip forward almost too fast to see for a moment before stopping, then doing it again. He's on the charging harrowblade in moments, swinging his enormous blade in vicious overhead chops!

(OOC - Activating Haste Circuit as a swift action, then using Haste move to close in 60' and do a full attack; 2 attacks at -4 to hit.)

[roll]1d20+15[/roll] atk, for [roll]5d8+19[/roll] damage.
[roll]1d20+15[/roll] atk, for [roll]5d8+19[/roll] damage.
Blade is adamantine and currently has Ghost-Killer as well, not that it matters for this fight. :)

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
(Doh! Rolls for Thrak because I forgot you can't edit them in after a post's been made:)
[roll0] atk, for [roll1] damage.
[roll2] atk, for [roll3] damage.

Buddha the DM

Explorer
Soumral draws her dagger and closes on the nearest hostile to her before attempting to stab it hard in an attempt to put it down.

OOC Rolls:
Stealth check for Trick attack: [roll0]
Dagger Atk Roll: [roll1]
- Dagger Dmg: [roll2] (Slashing)
- Trick Attack Dmg (if successful): [roll3]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Soumral draws her dagger and closes on the nearest hostile to her before attempting to stab it hard in an attempt to put it down.
OOC: Harrowblade's Perception check > 1d20+19=35

Soumral easily evades the harrowblade's senses and sneaks next to it to strike a telling blow with her dagger. The blade slips in between its scales smoothly. Blood drips onto the ground as it howls. A moment later, Belgeon looses an arrow from his bow but the projectile sails high over the beast's head.

"Damn it," he grumbles.

Thrak grins and draws a massive two-handed sword with a blade of black iron engraved with silvery runes from a sheathe over his back.

"Not so great as a mountain," he rumbles. "But you'll do."

His eyes flare with an incandescent blue light that spreads out in strange patterns over his armor and his movements become accelerated; jinking and jittering about, seeming to zip forward almost too fast to see for a moment before stopping, then doing it again. He's on the charging harrowblade in moments, swinging his enormous blade in vicious overhead chops!
OOC: Is this supposed to be a Charge combat maneuver too? You didn't note it, so I'm thinking no.

The goliath's blade comes down and finds nothing but the ground, which is sinks into with his second chop. It takes him a moment to free it. The harrowblade shifts and snaps at Soumral while slashing out with its wings at her and at Thrak. One wing buffets the elf's shoulder while the second wing slashes hard into the goliath's midsection. Soumral manages to evade the harrowblade's bite.

OOC: Harrowblade uses Multiattack > Wingblade attack vs. Soumral (1d20+23=41) (hit); Wingblade attack vs. Thrak (1d20+23=43) (critical hit); Bite vs. Soumral (1d20+20=32) (miss).

Wingblade damage vs. Soumral (3d4+16=25); Wingblade damage vs. Thrak 6d4+32=44

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases