log in or register to remove this ad

 

[v.3.5] Realmsian Dragonstar: The Battle of Toril PbP Game [IC] (On Hiatus)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Silhouette grimaces at her lapse. Then again, she didn't have the magic to keep a disguise running all day. Not without crippling herself. Thrak's magic hat would help, but she refused to do without her headband. She'd need the clarity it brought, and the power.

She looked at the female guard and nodded slowly. "Do not apologize for the sins of others," the tiefling replied quietly. "As I do not for those who came before me. We are each our own, and will bear the consequences of our choices." She shook her head slowly. "If I let the fear and ignorance of the world into my heart, there'd be nothing of it left by now anyway."
"That is a wise way of looking at the world," Loranys replies. She stares at the sky with a look of woe. "The world. That doesn't have the same meaning now." She shakes her head. "I always knew there was life beyond this one, but I never expected a star-spanning empire ruled by dragons."

But Thrak, ambling along nearby, gave the guard a respectful nod. He knew better than most the importance of even a single person who understood what wasn't said.
Loranys silently acknowledges the goliath's understanding of the situation.

Soumral sighs at the stubbornness of the people but can not fault them for not wanting to leave their homes. Nor will she force them to unless it becomes absolutely neccessary.
As the caravan continues to move forward along the road, Soumral notes that there are some families that choose to abandon their homes and join the growing train of wagons, carts, peoples, and animals. The Fists work hard to try to keep everyone together but soon there are so many that the refugees stretch for more than half a mile up and down the road. The news of what has happened seems to proceed them towards the coast and more and more people join the caravan.

Yin Hun only vaguely remembered a mention of the Shou in one of the briefings about Toril he read in preparation for the mission. One of the human ethnic groups native to the lands east of Faerûn.

"Perhaps," he tells Loranys. "I was amazed the first time I learned of actual human beings originating from other worlds. To be honest, though, I've had to focused more on how to kill them than finding out where they came from. I'll leave that to the anthropologists."
"So you have been fighting this draconic empire for most of your life," Loranys replies. "I hope you can teach us their vulnerabilities, so we can prevent them from taking our world away from us."

Emiko blinks in surprise. That was not the response she expected. Solar Prime? That's Commander Madden. What is the leader of the Freedom League doing on planet? And Rebel Three, that's... Caranarth? Of the Soldier of Freedom, I think? She looks to Yin Hun, and they share a look at the significance of the call signs. Her commander nods to her to respond.

"Dragon. Two. Two. Blue Star. Four. Ten. Minotaur. Confirm. What is the situation, Rebel Three?"
"Blue Star! Damn it is good to know you made it planet-side! The situation is damn insane!" Caranarth yells over the comm. "We are under heavy fire! The empire has landed here in full force and has recruited a local militant group called the Zhents!" Emiko hears blaster fire and explosions through the comm. "Rebel One doesn't think we can stay here much longer! We are in a place called Shadowdale! The locals are good fighters but can't fight with advanced tech!" A intense explosion roars across the comm and their is silence for several seconds. "Damn, that was too close! We haven't been able to contact Solar Prime, and there has been no contact with Rebel Two. He was supposed to contact us hours ago with vital data on the Imperial's shield frequencies." Another explosion booms through the comm and several screams tear into Emiko's soul. "Wherever you are, try to contact Solar Prime, if you can! Tell him we need ground support!"

Another voice rings through the comm. “Retreat, retreat into Cormanthor!” The voice was like an angry dragon roaring. It shook Emiko to her knees.

She listens intently through the comm for Caranarth's voice but for several minutes there is only the sounds of battle and what sounds like heavy breathing and footfalls. Eventally, Caranarth realizes that the comm is still open. "B-blue S-star, are you stlll there? We need those shield frequencies or we're all going to die. If you're anywhere the region the locals call Anauroch, try to find Rebel Two. That is where he last made contact." Caranarth pants as he talks. Emiko can tell he is running flat out. "Shadowdale is lost. We're in full retreat into the forest. Watch the skies for landers. If they come in full force, either hide or use guerrilla tactics." Caranarth goes silent over the comm and his footfalls stop. "Get down, get down." There is almost five minutes of eerie silence through the comm, except for the man's breathing. "I don't think they saw us," he whispers to someone on the other side of the comm. "But stay down and hide." Caranarth's breathing is loud and raspy through the comm. He coughs. "If you're still there, Blue Star, I have to sign off. My power cell is nearly gone and I've been hit. I n-need to stop the b-bleeding. T-take care of yourself. I'll t-try to contact you t-tomorrow. Stay safe." The comm cuts out and there is only silence and static.

"Gods," Loranys says in shock and awe. "Shadowdale has fallen. If they can take Elminster's home, how are we going to fight them off?" She looks at both Shazer'a and Yin Hun before staring at Sil.

Several locals had gathered around Emiko to listen to the voice coming through the comm. Her earbud had stopped working in the humidity of the day. She'd tried to keep the volume low, but the sounds coming through the comm had been impossible for many to ignore. The news of Shadowdale's defeat quickly spreads and the locals gasp in shock or cry in disbelief. Others shake their head in resignation. Others simply keep walking in numbness.

"Is Elminster dead?" a young woman asks.

"I do not know," Loranys replies. More questions are flung at her. Questions she could not possibly answer. She soon starts snapping at people to get them moving again. "This feels like the end of the world," she finally says to Sil.
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Shayuri

First Post
"The end of a world," Silhouette agrees grimly, "But the beginning of another. I don't know that we can save the world we knew...but we may yet have a say in what replaces it, and what our place in it is."

She raises her voice to address Emiko.

"The Anauroch is a desert northeast of here. It is a great distance off...and it's large enough that simply saying 'in the Anauroch' is not especially helpful. Although..."

The tiefling looks away for a moment, thinking.

"I can only think of one place in that wasteland that your people might be interested in. So perhaps not so useless after all."
 

Buddha the DM

Explorer
Soumral listens to everyone that is speaking and makes a mental note of all names and places that are mentioned. She realizes that if this goes on too long she'll have to start writing everything down.
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rodan ponders what he has heard over the radio and takes in the panic of those around him. He nods to himself, as all this seems familiar to him. Rodan has been in this same place emotionally and mentally time after time. He finally says softly, "The end of your world? No, perhaps the end of this age, but not the end of the world. You still have your lives, and as long as you keep living you will still have hope. As long as you keep running, you will still have your freedom. And it is good to know that it is not only our motley band of refugees that still struggles against the Empire."
 


KainG

Explorer
"Emiko, try to raise Solar Prime and Rebel Two. Solar Prime first," Yin Hun orders. His face is grim. While he is glad to have made contact with additional allies on-planet, the current situation is not going well for either of them.

Emiko nods, and attempts to raise Solar Prime over the comms. Meanwhile, Yin Hun turns to the others. "If we can get those Imperial shield frequencies, we'll be able to bypass some signficant defenses of theirs. Even the natives of this planet would be able to inflict some damage on the invaders." Looking at Silhouette, he says "We'd be grateful for any helpful information you might have to where to start looking."

Yin Hun pulls out his electronic mapbox from his handy haversack, and turns it out. He brings up a map of Faerûn, centered on the Sword Coast. Although their current position was not shown on the map due to a lack of a GPS network, he still had a good idea where they were since they hadn't gone too far from Baldur's Gate. He presented the map for all to see.

"We should be about here," he says, tapping on the spot designated as Baldur's Gate. "Can you pinpoint this 'Anauroch' place on the map?"
 

Shayuri

First Post
Silhouette shakes her head. "This is the wrong map. It's nowhere near here."

She reaches out to point, and is a little surprised when the map changes as her finger drags across it. After a few seconds of experimentation, she manages to pan the map over to the north and the east, where she taps it.

"The Anauroch is in this area. A journey of weeks, not days. As for where in the desert..."

Her violet lips curve into a smile.

"The shadow of old Netheril, of course. Candlekeep will have what we need to plan an expedition."
 

Buddha the DM

Explorer
Soumral is fascinated by the map that Silhouette manipulated and shakes he head at the marvel of it.

"It would seem that we have a course of action laid before us now," she says with a little firmness to her tone. "How shall we proceed now with what we must do?"
 


Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"The end of a world," Silhouette agrees grimly, "But the beginning of another. I don't know that we can save the world we knew...but we may yet have a say in what replaces it, and what our place in it is."
"If that is true, there will be many people who will have trouble accepting it. It could be worse than the Time of Troubles," Loranys says with a sigh. "Many lives will be lost. I guess the best I can do, the best any of us can do, is try to save who you can when you can and hope there is something left of our culture once the dust has settled."

"If it ever does," the guard Belgeon adds. He had moved in to listen to the comm. "An invasion from the sky likely won't be over quickly." He looks at Rodan for some confirmation. "And will this empire take slaves?"

She raises her voice to address Emiko.

"The Anauroch is a desert northeast of here. It is a great distance off...and it's large enough that simply saying 'in the Anauroch' is not especially helpful. Although..."

The tiefling looks away for a moment, thinking.

"I can only think of one place in that wasteland that your people might be interested in. So perhaps not so useless after all."
"I've seen the edge of that place, once," Belgeon notes. "Six years ago, Lord Belt tried to form a trade alliance with the dwarves of Citadel Adbar, and I and a dozen Fists went along as an escort. It was my first major assignment as a Fist. However, the trip there turned out to be for nothing, as Lord Belt did not think the dwarves' alliance to the Silver Marches was strong enough to preclude an agreement for forged goods. While in the region, I got a chance to see the northwestern edge of Anauroch. It was beautiful, in an eerie sort of way."

Soumral listens to everyone that is speaking and makes a mental note of all names and places that are mentioned. She realizes that if this goes on too long she'll have to start writing everything down.
Rodan ponders what he has heard over the radio and takes in the panic of those around him. He nods to himself, as all this seems familiar to him. Rodan has been in this same place emotionally and mentally time after time. He finally says softly, "The end of your world? No, perhaps the end of this age, but not the end of the world. You still have your lives, and as long as you keep living you will still have hope. As long as you keep running, you will still have your freedom. And it is good to know that it is not only our motley band of refugees that still struggles against the Empire."
"Agreed," Soumral responds to what Rodan just said.
"Yes, I'm glad to know that we are not alone in this fight," Loranys says. She turns to Rodan, "Hopefully, there are even more clandestine agents like you and these others here to help fight this empire and protect the peoples. I know I will not give up my freedom without a fight. I don't like the idea of having to run away, but if what we're going to face is so strong that is can conquer Shadowdale, running might be the only course of action."

"Better to run and live to regroup and fight again," Belgeon adds.

"Emiko, try to raise Solar Prime and Rebel Two. Solar Prime first," Yin Hun orders. His face is grim. While he is glad to have made contact with additional allies on-planet, the current situation is not going well for either of them.

Emiko nods, and attempts to raise Solar Prime over the comms.
Emiko quickly discovers that there is a scattering field in the planet's upper atmosphere. There isn't any way for her to contact any ships in orbit without a more powerful signal. Her datapad just can't punch through the field.

She hears a faint signal of, something else, but it is barely audible. It was almost as if someone had pinged back to her signal, but she can't be certain. She tries to zero in on it but it fades as quickly as it appeared. If she can get to higher ground, she might be able to find it again.

OOC: She'll need access to a powerful computer terminal with suite of communication software to have any chance of contacting Commander Madden.

Meanwhile, Yin Hun turns to the others. "If we can get those Imperial shield frequencies, we'll be able to bypass some signficant defenses of theirs. Even the natives of this planet would be able to inflict some damage on the invaders." Looking at Silhouette, he says "We'd be grateful for any helpful information you might have to where to start looking."

Yin Hun pulls out his electronic mapbox from his handy haversack, and turns it out. He brings up a map of Faerûn, centered on the Sword Coast. Although their current position was not shown on the map due to a lack of a GPS network, he still had a good idea where they were since they hadn't gone too far from Baldur's Gate. He presented the map for all to see.

"We should be about here," he says, tapping on the spot designated as Baldur's Gate. "Can you pinpoint this 'Anauroch' place on the map?"
"Amazing," Loranys says, fascinated. The city's citizens are drawn in, gawking at the map hovering in the air. Most of the rural folk shy away from Yin Hun and his floating map.

Silhouette shakes her head. "This is the wrong map. It's nowhere near here."

She reaches out to point, and is a little surprised when the map changes as her finger drags across it. After a few seconds of experimentation, she manages to pan the map over to the north and the east, where she taps it.

"The Anauroch is in this area. A journey of weeks, not days. As for where in the desert..."
"Yes, it's quite some distance," Belgeon adds. "If this empire of yours is here already, I doubt spending weeks on the road to the desert would be productive. Magic would be the fastest way, or you could take a ship up the coast to Neverwinter and then cross by land. It would still be a long trip, but I doubt it will be safe to ride the roads during an invasion."

Her violet lips curve into a smile.

"The shadow of old Netheril, of course. Candlekeep will have what we need to plan an expedition."
"I never saw that place, thankfully," Belgeon says. "The dwarves told us that the place is full of shades and Zhents. The shades have an empire somewhere in the center of the desert. I only got to see Ascore on the desert's edge and only from a distance. One dwarf did mention a mountain range called, hmm, the Spire of Swords, or something like that."

Soumral is fascinated by the map that Silhouette manipulated and shakes he head at the marvel of it.

"It would seem that we have a course of action laid before us now," she says with a little firmness to her tone. "How shall we proceed now with what we must do?"
"We push on to Candlekeep. We'll need to do some research, gather supplies, and perhaps find a guide."
Everyone comes to the same conclusion. The best thing to do is continue on to Candlekeep and hope the monks let them inside. Day quickly becomes night, as the caravan approaches the northeastern edge of the Cloak Wood along the southern road the locals call The Coast Way. The horses pulling the wagons soon give up their strength and refuse to pull anymore. The locals begin pulling their wagons off the road, away from the forest, to make camp.

"We will have to make camp for the night," Loranys informs the group. "The horses can't travel anymore and their are wounded that must be tended too. They need their rest as do we all. We will set out at fist light."

She orders the Fists to secure the camp and begin patrols. She has taken charge of them with great aplomb. Belgeon acts as her second while most of the other Fists appear worn out physically and mentally. Those that are exhausted are allowed to sleep for a few hour first before taking up their duties once again. City folk and farmers huddle together around campfires. Food is rationed out to the weak and young first.

"We could use your help with patrols," Loranys says. "The Cloak Wood is very dangerous and we have to be prepared anything that might come out of it."
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"The empire demands compliance to help make it operate, and it may require some of you to serve it with something as benign as the extraction of your world's resources, or your actual physical labor and servitude in order to handle its needs. Either way, you will not have a say in the situation as long as your world is conquered. If we can fight off the invasion long enough to have you enter the Empire on your own terms, you may be allowed a certain level of sovereignty," Rodan says in answer to the questions of enslavement. Upon Loranys' request he says, "I will join your patrols. Just tell me where I am needed."
 

Shayuri

First Post
Silhouette smiles a hard little smile at Rodan's words.

"I assure you, I have some experience having a say when others would prefer I didn't. Thrak can help you patrol. I'll be needing my rest to recover power. I spent quite a bit of magic today...and tomorrow doesn't seem like it will be much different."

The goliath nodded and surveyed the campsite and its area.
 

KainG

Explorer
After Silhouette had analyzed the slain elf's surviving gear, it was agreed that it would be best to salvage what could still be used into the battles to come. It was morbid business, but no one felt they could afford to be overly sentimental at this point. The sole exception was Kethrendil's sword. It appeared to be a family heirloom, and no one was trained to wield it properly in any case.

Yin Hun had opted to take Kethrendil's ring of protection +2, +1 returning dagger, and +1 composite longbow. Although Yin Hun had his assault blaster and blaster pistol, he had to conserve the energy. Fortunately, he had some basic skill with the bow.

"Sorry about this, soldier, but you can rest easy," the man said, overlooking the elf's burnt body. "I'll make sure to put these to good use. We'll get back at them for you."

-----

Yin Hun was a bit frustrated. He wanted to start making his way to Anauroch as soon as he could. His fellow resistance fighters were in trouble, and he wanted to make sure no one else would be lost. But at the same time, he recognized that because of the distance, that option was not optimal. This Candlekeep was closer, and may hold useful intelligence about this old Netheril location, and maybe a means to get there faster.

Loranys' request for aid would be a good way to relieve some of that frustration. "I'll join you as well. Need to work off some of his energy." Yin Hun turned to Rodan. "Sir, if you have a personal communicator, I'd recommend you and Emiko sync up on channel frequencies. She'll remain with the camp and serve as base control."
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"The empire demands compliance to help make it operate, and it may require some of you to serve it with something as benign as the extraction of your world's resources, or your actual physical labor and servitude in order to handle its needs. Either way, you will not have a say in the situation as long as your world is conquered. If we can fight off the invasion long enough to have you enter the Empire on your own terms, you may be allowed a certain level of sovereignty," Rodan says in answer to the questions of enslavement.
Belgeon shakes his head in disbelief and anger. "If Faerûn wasn't so fractured, I'd say we could hope for some independance against this empire. The Zhents have already gone over to the other side. What will the Red Wizards do? And that is just this area of Toril. What will happen to the rest ofthe world? Will other lands surrender rather than fight?" Belgeon looks at the haggard citizens of Baldur's Gate. "Can Faerûn join this empire on its own or will the entire world have to submit? If the latter, there is little hope that Toril won't be conquered."

"Better to leave Faerûn behind," an old man says while unhitching one of the wagons. "If there are other places beyond this empire's reach, we should go there. We could find a ship and sail to a distant shore where we can hide from them."

"These invaders likely can go anywhere on Toril, elderman," Loranys replies. "Fleeing to a new land likely won't keep them from finding us. Perhaps you could find a portal to another world. Leave Toril behind completely if you like. I'd rather stay and fight for my world."

After Silhouette had analyzed the slain elf's surviving gear, it was agreed that it would be best to salvage what could still be used into the battles to come. It was morbid business, but no one felt they could afford to be overly sentimental at this point. The sole exception was Kethrendil's sword. It appeared to be a family heirloom, and no one was trained to wield it properly in any case.

Yin Hun had opted to take Kethrendil's ring of protection +2, +1 returning dagger, and +1 composite longbow. Although Yin Hun had his assault blaster and blaster pistol, he had to conserve the energy. Fortunately, he had some basic skill with the bow.

"Sorry about this, soldier, but you can rest easy," the man said, overlooking the elf's burnt body. "I'll make sure to put these to good use. We'll get back at them for you."
"We should bury him," Loranys suggests. "I doubt that would be what his people would want, but I'd rather not have the smell attract predators. From what I've heard, he fought and died bravely. We will give him a proper cairn on the plains away from the forest."

She motions to several guards. They come and wrap Keth's body before taking him away towards the east. They join a patrol heading out to check for danger.

"Bury him near a tree, if you can," Belgeon says loudly. "Someplace green and wild."

Upon Loranys' request he says, "I will join your patrols. Just tell me where I am needed."
Silhouette smiles a hard little smile at Rodan's words.

"I assure you, I have some experience having a say when others would prefer I didn't. Thrak can help you patrol. I'll be needing my rest to recover power. I spent quite a bit of magic today...and tomorrow doesn't seem like it will be much different."

The goliath nodded and surveyed the campsite and its area.
Yin Hun was a bit frustrated. He wanted to start making his way to Anauroch as soon as he could. His fellow resistance fighters were in trouble, and he wanted to make sure no one else would be lost. But at the same time, he recognized that because of the distance, that option was not optimal. This Candlekeep was closer, and may hold useful intelligence about this old Netheril location, and maybe a means to get there faster.

Loranys' request for aid would be a good way to relieve some of that frustration. "I'll join you as well. Need to work off some of his energy." Yin Hun turned to Rodan. "Sir, if you have a personal communicator, I'd recommend you and Emiko sync up on channel frequencies. She'll remain with the camp and serve as base control."
"We need a patrol to scout the edge of the forest and see how active the spiders and other creatures are right now. Belgeon, go with them. Scout as much of the edge as you can but don't get to close. If you see any giant spiders, either make sure they don't see you or put them to the sword."

"Yes sir," Belgeon replies with a salute.

He heads out toward the Cloak Wood with Sil, Soumral, Thrak, and Yin Hun. Two other young Fists go with the group. Rodan, Emiko, and the others stay in the makeshift camp while Shazer'a goes with the other patrol to find a good spot to bury Keth. Nel goes with him. They set their comms to match the signal being used by Emiko, so they can stay in touch.

The Cloak Wood soon rises above the western patrol. At first, there are no sounds. Then, there is clear rustling coming from deep within the trees. Whatever is moving in there is confident in its strength, or is mindlessly fearless.

"I don't like this at all," one of the Fist's says.

"Quiet," Belgeon whispers. "There is something else." He goes silent and soon a rhythmic tone repeats over and over again. "I've never heard anything like that before." He looks at the others, puzzled.

"Sir, I smell something awful," the other Fist whispers. "It's like something is burning."

The rustling goes silent, as light flares along the edge of the tree-line in the distance. The group moves away from the forest and moves quickly in the direction of the glow. What you find is an odd sight to the native Faerûnians, but Yin Hun recognizes it immediately. An escape pod of some kind. It has crashed through the trees leaving a burned trail and lies just outside the forest. The smell is burning plastic and other manufactured parts. The pod is total loss and the body inside is burnt to a crisp.

"What is it?" Belgeon asks Yin Hun. "Is it dangerous?"

Pockets of burning embers smolder in the damp earth of the forest. The area around the pod is completely blackened. Luckily, it didn't start a brush fire, but several bent and blackened trees still burn beyond the edge of the tree-line. The whole forest could go up in flames. Then, you see them. Four massive spider husks burnt to cinders along the edge of the forest. all of them were the size of a wolf or bigger.

"Oh, that's a bad smell," Belgeon says. "We can only hope it doesn't bring out-"

A deep heavy growling-hiss emanates from somewhere in the foliage. It sounds very big and very hungry.

"W-we, we need to go," Belgeon backs away from the pod. "Please don't be that. Anything but that."

Distant trees crackle and snap as something quite large makes its way towards the burnt out pod and cooked spiders. There is a low grunting hiss that sounds like a lizard on the hunt. Two large eyes appear on the edge of the woods. It steps out into the blackened path of the pod and licks at the largest burnt spider. It is deep green in color and has dragon-like wings. It begins feasting on the dead spider but then looks towards group at the edge of the tree-line.

"D-dragon," one of Fists says with fear.

"No, not a true wyrm," Belgeon says with his bow at the ready. "A harrowblade." He turns to the two Fists. "Back to the camp! Warn Loranys that there is greenspawn out here! We will hold it off! Go!"

The harrowblade roars and rushes forward just as the two Fist retreat back to the camp.

OOC: Roll initiative. :D
 
Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Thrak grins and draws a massive two-handed sword with a blade of black iron engraved with silvery runes from a sheathe over his back.

"Not so great as a mountain," he rumbles. "But you'll do."

His eyes flare with an incandescent blue light that spreads out in strange patterns over his armor and his movements become accelerated; jinking and jittering about, seeming to zip forward almost too fast to see for a moment before stopping, then doing it again. He's on the charging harrowblade in moments, swinging his enormous blade in vicious overhead chops!

(OOC - Activating Haste Circuit as a swift action, then using Haste move to close in 60' and do a full attack; 2 attacks at -4 to hit.)

[roll]1d20+15[/roll] atk, for [roll]5d8+19[/roll] damage.
[roll]1d20+15[/roll] atk, for [roll]5d8+19[/roll] damage.
Blade is adamantine and currently has Ghost-Killer as well, not that it matters for this fight. :)
 
Last edited:


Shayuri

First Post
(Doh! Rolls for Thrak because I forgot you can't edit them in after a post's been made:)
[roll0] atk, for [roll1] damage.
[roll2] atk, for [roll3] damage.
 

Buddha the DM

Explorer
Soumral draws her dagger and closes on the nearest hostile to her before attempting to stab it hard in an attempt to put it down.

OOC Rolls:
Stealth check for Trick attack: [roll0]
Dagger Atk Roll: [roll1]
- Dagger Dmg: [roll2] (Slashing)
- Trick Attack Dmg (if successful): [roll3]
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Soumral draws her dagger and closes on the nearest hostile to her before attempting to stab it hard in an attempt to put it down.
OOC: Harrowblade's Perception check > 1d20+19=35

Soumral easily evades the harrowblade's senses and sneaks next to it to strike a telling blow with her dagger. The blade slips in between its scales smoothly. Blood drips onto the ground as it howls. A moment later, Belgeon looses an arrow from his bow but the projectile sails high over the beast's head.

"Damn it," he grumbles.

Thrak grins and draws a massive two-handed sword with a blade of black iron engraved with silvery runes from a sheathe over his back.

"Not so great as a mountain," he rumbles. "But you'll do."

His eyes flare with an incandescent blue light that spreads out in strange patterns over his armor and his movements become accelerated; jinking and jittering about, seeming to zip forward almost too fast to see for a moment before stopping, then doing it again. He's on the charging harrowblade in moments, swinging his enormous blade in vicious overhead chops!
OOC: Is this supposed to be a Charge combat maneuver too? You didn't note it, so I'm thinking no.

The goliath's blade comes down and finds nothing but the ground, which is sinks into with his second chop. It takes him a moment to free it. The harrowblade shifts and snaps at Soumral while slashing out with its wings at her and at Thrak. One wing buffets the elf's shoulder while the second wing slashes hard into the goliath's midsection. Soumral manages to evade the harrowblade's bite.

OOC: Harrowblade uses Multiattack > Wingblade attack vs. Soumral (1d20+23=41) (hit); Wingblade attack vs. Thrak (1d20+23=43) (critical hit); Bite vs. Soumral (1d20+20=32) (miss).

Wingblade damage vs. Soumral (3d4+16=25); Wingblade damage vs. Thrak 6d4+32=44
 


Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top