Vampires in the Matrix??!!

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Like several other people I'm sure, I'm looking forward to both of the Matrix sequels and even the video game.

Now.. I was doing a little surfing and I ran across some info on Enter the Matrix (the video game). The game centers around two of the characters in the new movies, Niobi and Ghost. The game's storyline was written by the Wachowski brothers and is said to run along with the events in the movies.

This is all well and good. So I ask, why is there a stage in which the characters fight vampires? They even have a finishing move that envolves staking.

Another thing that was mentioned was the fact that guns had little effect on the enemies in the game. You shoot them, and they get right back up a few minutes later. They said specificly that this would be discussed in the movies.

So are there going to be vampires in the movies? It kinda sounds like it. Surely not though, that seems a bit too....off. *shrugs*

I can't see how they could possibly write that in and have it make any kind of sense.

We do know that there are some scenes in the coming movies that involve weapons like staffs and swords. I was wondering why they weren't using guns. Maybe the Matrix changes the rules of reality when it comes to fighting the rebels??

Sagan Darkside

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:

I can't see how they could possibly write that in and have it make any kind of sense.

Hmm, I have not heard about this, but I could see how it could be done: The Matrix is stuck to following its own rules- it patchs itself with new rules from human mythology that makes their Agents tougher/scarier.

*shrug*

I will stick with the "wait and see" crowd.

SD

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Yea. Maybe. That would kind of make sense I guess. It is just kind of an odd turn from what we saw in the original.

I'll be there on openning day regardless. :cool:

Henry

Autoexreginated
I can see how this would possibly have been added.

Supposition:

Matrix sequels have been in production for some time now. The contracts for the game could have been created as early as 2001. In 2001, singer Aaliyah filmed Queen of the Damned, as well as some early work for Matrix Reloaded, just before dying in an August 2001 plance crash. She was I recall actually en route to go back to the states to shoot more scenes!

This COULD have originally been meant as an "in-joke" by the Wachowski brothers, but no one ever removed it from the script for the computer game after the tragedy occurred.

Again, this is not fact or even rumor, but only hypothetical supposition.

Last edited:

Welverin

First Post
Well the title of the second movie is a clue to a possible explanation.

As was mentioned in the first movie and some of the comics on the official site the machines have rebooted the matrix in whole or in part when things have gone wrong and changed how things work within it, specifically the original version mentioned in the movie.

I think at some point in the Matrix Reloaded that Neo and friends will cause so much trouble that the machines will decide to reloaded the matrix in order stop all the trouble making, assuming it already happen prior to the movie. Either way after it's possible that the machines add things like vampires to cause trouble for the free humans in their attempts to free the rest of humanity. They could even conceivably add them even before hand, I suppose. It is just a computer program after all.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Hmmm. Pure supposition: Neo can bend the rules of the Matrix to his will, having realized that when inside he can basically re-write the code on the fly. The machine Agents seem to have a slight version of this power. What if the machines discover, create or make their own One, who can do what Neo can do? That might explain such things as vampires, etc.

Sagan Darkside

First Post
WayneLigon said:
What if the machines discover, create or make their own One, who can do what Neo can do? .

To a limited degree the agents can change the matrix- brick up buildings, jump into existing entities, ignore damage caused by other programs.

But as Morpheus said they still have to follow the rules of the system - for them to create one of their own that breaks the rules seems to go against the concept of the struggle.

While I still doubt there will actually be vampires, they are not a bad choice. They could not do something like werewolves, mummies, or even godzilla- for such things are hard for a person to accept in reality. A loony who drinks blood- well, there are loonies like that in real life.

Neo says something near the end of the first one that he is going to do things to cause people to doubt their reality. Well, I doubt the computers are going to help him out. ;)

SD

Remove ads