D&D General Van Richten’s Guide to Empire of the Ghouls

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi there,

Just wanted to let you know that I’ve posted a series of articles to my D&D game design blog on using Van Richten’s Guide to Ravenloft with Kobold Press’ Empire of the Ghouls campaign (which I worked on) and the Midgard setting. As a long term fan of Ravenloft I really enjoying reading the new book, and as I read it lots of ways to use it in my Ghouls campaign sprang to mind.

Part 1 is on adapting the character options to Midgard, Part 2 has two new Midgard Darklords, and Part 3 has a couple of domain “remixes” linking them to the Midgard setting.

Feedback and suggestions welcome!

Richard

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
Holy snackerdoodles! I just finished reading the Scarlet Citadel (also set in Midgard) and decided it would be fantastict to turn it into a Domain of Dread. So I'm trying to pull Midgard elements into Ravenloft (kind of the opposite of your project) and these blog posts are extremely helpful! You've already given me some ideas regarding shadow-roads and the Dark Powers.

cglied

Explorer
I just ran a game on Saturday night that introduced some of my players in an established campaign to the Ghoul Imperium. They were sufficiently confused and terrified. Good times.

Remove ads