Variant psionics?

Klaatu B. Nikto

First Post
The main thing I don't like about 3E psionics is the combat modes and defenses. Anyways, I once blundered into a website that reorganized the psion especially and got rid of them. By any chance does someone know what I'm referring to and have that site?

haiiro

First Post
Don't know what site you might mean, but Bruce Cordell's thoroughly excellent Mindscapes does exactly this, and does it very well.

Mindscapes scraps the mode system, and retools the psion and psy warrior to fit the new system. The new system revolves around mindscape combat -- facing off in a purely mental arena, with your actions in the mindscape influencing your actions in the physical world. It's brilliant.

On top of that, the book is chock full of powers, PrCs, monsters and other goodness. Overall, it's easily one of the best d20 books ever published. Check it out: http://www.montecook.com/mpress_Mind.html.

Enjoy. :D

jester47

First Post
I just made psions a sorcerer variant. (I have three: outsider- blood, dragon-blood, and psion) It seemed to make more sense that way. Cause well, in the PsiH thats really what they are except that they have special psionic vs psionic attacks. You scrap those and what do you have? Essentially a sorcerer that specializes, so why not just have a sorcerer? Besides, psions really get shafted as they cant use thier abilities as often. Granted they should come up with a spell that simulates the Mind Blast, but so many spells are common tricks found in psionic fiction that it works.

Psionics does not make sense unless you are doing a psionics are different variant and you use a lot of psionics in your game. I don't really.

It will be interesting to see what bruce does with it.

Aaron.

Remove ads