• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Various questions for a paladin-to-be

Silenttimo

First Post
Hi,

I am creating a 3rd level paladin-to-be PC and I have several question.

- Nymph's kiss (exalted feat) : I have found this feat to be very powerful and looked for an errata but found none (the BoED errata is very short).
I know you have to be "perfect" to take (and keep) an exalted feat, but : +2 to EVERY charisma related checks (I don't know if this includes turning checks) / +1 to saves vs spells & spell-like abilities / +1 skill point per level from the moment you take the feat.
To me, it is more than twice the power of a normal feat.
So, have you heard about an errata and where could I find it ?

- Lay on hands : when you use that power (supernatural power), does it provoke an attack of opportunity ?
i guess it doesn't (sup powers don't), but it seems strange : you are laying your hands on a friend, you can not protect yourself, so it would be reasonnable to cause an AoO, wouldn't it ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Silenttimo

irdeggman

First Post
- Lay on hands : when you use that power (supernatural power), does it provoke an attack of opportunity ?
i guess it doesn't (sup powers don't), but it seems strange : you are laying your hands on a friend, you can not protect yourself, so it would be reasonnable to cause an AoO, wouldn't it ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Silenttimo

It doesn't require "both hands to use", the term is broad in description but not proscriptive.

Similar to touch spells - they don't require "both hands" (in general) to deliver - they require a "free" hand for somatic, material and foci.

This is all related to the abstractness of D&D combat so that must be kept in mind. There is no "facing" so your attention is not focused on your target to the point you are distracted in combat either.

Aus_Snow

First Post
- Nymph's kiss (exalted feat) : I have found this feat to be very powerful and looked for an errata but found none (the BoED errata is very short). [. . .] So, have you heard about an errata and where could I find it ?
No, there isn't any, that I'm aware of. The BoED does have this to say about all exalted feats, though:

A character must have the DM's permission to take an exalted feats. In many cases, a ritual must be performed; often this simply amounts to a character swearing a sacred vox, for example, in the presence of a celestial being. . . (etc.)​

So, even more than is always the case, the DM can certainly disallow any exalted feat, or require that the PC go about gaining it after starting play. For example.

No. You've got the right of it: (Su)s don't.

Silenttimo

First Post
A character must have the DM's permission to take an exalted feats. In many cases, a ritual must be performed; often this simply amounts to a character swearing a sacred vox, for example, in the presence of a celestial being. . . (etc.)

So, even more than is always the case, the DM can certainly disallow any exalted feat, or require that the PC go about gaining it after starting play.

Thanks for your replies.

About "nymph's kiss", the DM has allowed it.
This will be reflected in my background (language sylvan + points in know. nature + how my PC met & loved a fey).

FYI, my PC has a 20 charisma (aasimar w/18).

I'll play him SUPER-good.

Right now : cloistered cleric 1 / marshall 1

To become : Cloistered cleric 2 / marshall 2 / paladin 6 (w/o spells & w/o mount options) / legendary leader 5

I am sure there are lots of combos about that type of PC, but I don't want to know HOW to have a diplomacy check at +92, I just want to play a leader-type PC : average combattant-petty healer but great diplomat-leader.

Anyway, thanks again for your replies !

Remove ads