• god

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • lich

Votes: 67 27.0%
  • I like polls

Votes: 58 23.4%

gizmo33

First Post
When I was running Greyhawk he was just a powerful lich - not even a demi-god per se. (So I chose the "I like polls" option). IMO Vecna is a classic example of the deification of a powerful hero - only in this case it's actual real-life gamers that have elevated a favored villain from their childhoods into a god, because cool people must be powerful. It also makes me question whether you really have worshipped to ascend to deity like status, or if it's just sufficient that masses of people think that you are of deity status and fear you accordingly.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
His hand and eye are artifacts. He's so powerful, the dude has magic in his ... um ... you know ... naughty bits. He was once a mortal, but he's a god now, baby!

lukelightning

First Post
I voted demigod, but I need to qualify this.

I think Vecna is dead. Gone. Destroyed. All that remain are his Eye and Hand, and his legacy. But his "spirit" lives on as an abstract. His cultists don't worship him, rather they research his life and try to rediscover his secrets. So he, himself, is not a source of divine power but perhaps his cultists have discovered some way to tap into divine energy.

gizmo33

First Post
BiggusGeekus said:
He's so powerful, the dude has magic in his ... um ... you know ... naughty bits.

Hmmm...I'm going to have to reread that section of Eldritch Wizardry...I don't really recall that. :) (Although there was some mention of a grafting process...)

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Former god who survived the time-travel induced erasure of the old campaign world and is now seeking to restore his deific status through manipulation of the PCs. Complicated story there, believe you me.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
BiggusGeekus said:
His hand and eye are artifacts. He's so powerful, the dude has magic in his ... um ... you know ... naughty bits. He was once a mortal, but he's a god now, baby!
Great. Now I want the dingle of Vecna.

Thanks. Thanks A LOT.

Remove ads