D&D 5E Vecna's Dread Counterspell vs. Counterspell -- What's the Diff?

Mort

Legend
Supporter
If he's so capable of avoiding simplistic maneuvers, let's see him clap.

Oh. Right.

As D&D's most cartoon supervillain (more than the actual cartoon's supervillain), Vecna might be smart, but he ain't bright.

Forgetting that this is the "whole" version of Vecna,

You'd think, with his secret knowledge, Milenia experience and all answering "what is the sound of one hand clapping?" would be a cinch for the guy.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
If he's so capable of avoiding simplistic maneuvers, let's see him clap.

Oh. Right.

As D&D's most cartoon supervillain* (more than the actual cartoon's supervillain), Vecna might be smart, but he ain't bright.

Edit: *Wait. Nope. Forgot Countess Failula herself, Lloth.
Some of us run these beings as they would truly be. There's a reason my players dread dragons, liches, gods, archdevils/demons, etc. in my game. They love getting to high level, because that's when it gets really fun.

You do know how ridiculous that is, right? Unless the room's the size of a stadium, he's already within 20 feet of a spot less than 120 feet from me that I can see from total cover when I get to the doorway.

And if it is that large and bare, that's great - my ranged-attack friends will have fun peppering him without him having any possible recourse to Vile Teleport into even the slightest possibility of cover against their attacks.
lets not argue about how DMs make dungeons... i am sure none of us have ONLY made ones that make 100% sense.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
lets not argue about how DMs make dungeons... i am sure none of us have ONLY made ones that make 100% sense.
Yeah, but in this case the set-up I'm talking about is so common that I've literally never seen a dungeon without it. Every last one that I have purchased, made or been through in another DM's game has a room with the doorway on one side of a passage such that there is no way to go anywhere other than left or right down the passage outside of the door.

Yeah, but in this case the set-up I'm talking about is so common that I've literally never seen a dungeon without it. Every last one that I have purchased, made or been through in another DM's game has a room with the doorway on one side of a passage such that there is no way to go anywhere other than left or right down the passage outside of the door.
again... I am on your side here, lets not argue about it though...

there are only 3 ways Vecna shows up in one of my games

1 at 7th level or lower 'just here for this thing you aren't here for'
2 at 15th level or higher and he will have EVERY thing planned out
3 as a patron.

Remove ads