Vermin-ous Druids (?)

Hand of Vecna

First Post
For my next character (in the RttToEE) I was thinking of making a Druid who had an affinity with insects & vermin instead of/in addition to animals (he'd be a native of a swamp). However, a Druid's Animal Companion/Animal Friendship ability only works on Animals, not Vermin, and most of a Druid's spells are geared towards animals and/or plants (with the notable exceptions of Insect Swarm, Giant Vermin, and Summon Swarm).

Does anyone know of any Prestige Classes geared towards a "Buggy Druid," or spells that deal with Vermin & insects?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
There might be something in Masters of the Wild - is there a list of new druid spells floating around?

Or you could petition your DM for the old Unearthed Arcana cantrips : Bee, Bug, and Spider!

-Hyp.

Grendel

First Post
vermin have intelligence of 0 and are immune to mind affecting spells, making them unsuitable for druid compaions. That being said I know that there is an ooze master prestige class in MotW book, so go figure.

a vermin oriented druid. Kind of like the Hivemaster kit in the Druids handbook in 2e.

As a DM i'd allow you to switch out your animal companion ability for Vermin, and i'd allow you to substitue your "Animal" spells for a "vermin" equive. See if your DM like the idea of substition. It worked fine in my game

Crothian

First Post
Not only would I allow this, I'd probably help the Pc to develope it. It's refreshing to see people come up with creative ways to make the classes different. The closest in our group is the Monk who wants to trade out all his "Mystical Monk Abilities" For more mundane abilities.

Wippit Guud

First Post
I just wrote my own spell...

Vermin Freidnship
Level 2 animal

Exactly the same as animal friendship, except:
Vermin under it's influence are granted a 1 int.
Each HD of vermin affect are counted at 1.5 HD with respect to max HD allowed for that druid.

Ironically, I also made a beast friendship spell at level 3, but counts as 2:1 for HD... Just think of it...

Level 20 druid: "Sic him!"

Opponent: "You crazy druid! There's nothing out here!"

Enter Purple worm from below.

- Wormsign! We have wormsign!

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Great, now I want to play a Druid with a Monstrious Colossal Scorpion as a friend. only 64 HD, so times that by 1.5 gives me 96, divide that in half since I get 2 relative HD per level and I only need to be 48th level. With 48 levels I'll be needed MotW and the ELHB. I think by the time I get even close to there both should be released. ;)

Remove ads