• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Very very new to the D&D world.

Schmoe

Adventurer
Welcome Tyler!

First, there is no "D&D lifestyle". People from all walks of life play the game, and it doesn't change who they are. It's like saying you play Monopoly. There's no real Monopoly lifestyle (at least, not that I know of)!

Second, to roleplay your character, just think of your character as imaginary person and imagine what that person might do in the situation the DM describes. Then tell the DM. That's it!

If there are particular parts of that that are confusing or need more explanation, don't hesitate to ask here. I'm sure that others can explain it better than I.

jasper

Rotten DM
Im trying to find someone who can help me out in this world of D&D. Ive decided on becoming a Human
Cleric. But at the same time, I have no idea what i am doing since I have only played 1 time months ago.
Could someone take me under their wing? Im iffy on giving any personal contact info but what I will give is
my email, even though it has my name and initials haha. tylercp012@gmail.com. If you would be willing
to help, shoot me an email. Im legitimately trying to get into this world of D&D.
Check out this site https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRwnhxFZrL2yY5I60d5Ae_Q and review the D&D videos.

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
Could someone take me under their wing?

Listen to no other people on this forum. They will all misinform you. I am your only hope. Listen only to my words of wisdom and I shall lead you into power, glory and success.

For only twelve easy payments of $199.99 each, paid once per month, I will make you the bestest D&D player in the world.

Alternatively, you could create an account on D&D Beyond and use the SRD (System Reference Document) content to make up to six characters. The SRD is essentially a lot of 5e D&D that is an open resource to help players learn the system and also for people to create content using it. It is not everything in 5e, but it is about 75% of the Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide and Monster Manual, so more than enough to get you started and to help you figure out how to make characters.

The character creator there even has a help option that guides you through the process.

Askaval30

Explorer
Hey Tyler!

I'm happy to host a 'training session' via Fantasy Grounds if you'd like. I've done it for other new players as well and works well as a controlled environment to get a feel for the game.

Remove ads