• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Victorian Eberron idea

Shalimar

First Post
I would think that it should be a 50% chance for a person to hit another person of the same class and level which would suggest a +1/+1 BAB/Defense, but at lower leverls that would keep the defense way too low if it started at 0.

Jemal

Adventurer
A friend of mine proposed something similar to me a while ago, and I thought up a Swashbuckling pistol wielder for it.. Would YOU have room? Also, are you using that 'revamped' Swashbuckler someone mentioned earlier, or the normal one?

BTW, the paladin getting Leadership instead of Special Mount at lvl 5 is an AWESOME alternate idea. It plays to the paladin's supposed role as the leader, and gives them something earlier than anyone else could get it.

Jemal

Adventurer
*one more thing* To any of you who really enjoy this type of gaming, you should REALLY check out "Iron Heroes", it's basically a rewrite of the core rules, complete with new classes and feats, to account for a very low magic setting. They give BAB ranging from 1/2 to 5/4 (Yes, that's 25 at lvl 20) and Defense Bonuses from 1/2 to Full, depending on what the classes strengths are. As well as many new abilities to replace magic dependencies.

The other nice part about Iron Heroes is that it also details bits of the campaign setting around which the rules were based, too, so you needn't make one up from scratch.

drothgery

First Post
Jemal said:
*one more thing* To any of you who really enjoy this type of gaming, you should REALLY check out "Iron Heroes", it's basically a rewrite of the core rules, complete with new classes and feats, to account for a very low magic setting. They give BAB ranging from 1/2 to 5/4 (Yes, that's 25 at lvl 20) and Defense Bonuses from 1/2 to Full, depending on what the classes strengths are. As well as many new abilities to replace magic dependencies.

I've got Iron Heroes, but it's got some basic problems
1 - Not many people have it, and if I'm going to run a game, I definitely need players for it.
2 - I don't think the core classes really give the feel I'm looking for, though I haven't looked at the book in a while.
3 - The magic system sucks.

On the other hand, if I can get the rules hammered out into something workable, a swashbuckling pistoleer should certainly be doable.

Shalimar

First Post
Yea, a functional Swashbuckler could definitely be fun, a character like Balthier of Final Fantasy 12 would be really fun.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Shalimar said:
Yea, a functional Swashbuckler could definitely be fun, a character like Balthier of Final Fantasy 12 would be really fun.
"Because I'm the hero of the piece."

Yup. That oozes cool. ;)

Necro_Kinder

First Post
If this game gets started, i would like to play a modified scout, playing more like a sniper/skirmisher.

As a side note, there are some rules for firearms on pages144-145 of the DMG

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
stonegod said:
"Because I'm the hero of the piece."

Yup. That oozes cool. ;)

Bingo, a scion of a noble house turning pirate and walking out on the house because its boring and she thinks the old man is insane. A dashing swashbuckler performing acts of daring do.

drothgery

First Post
Yeah, definitely cool.

Quick notes here...

The major powers of modern Khorviare...

The Kingdom of Thrane

(covers what was Thrane and what was Aundair)

Government: Constitutional Monarchy, though the monarch has little power
Head of State: Queen (currently Nyllestra ir'Wynarn)
Head of Government: Prime Minister (currently Andri Varikah)
Population: 28 million (75% human, 22% half-elf, 3% other)
Capital: Flamekeep
Religion: Orthodox Church of the Silver Flame 70% (established church), Reformed Church of the Silver Flame 10%, Gabrielite 5% (an ascetic sect of the Church of the Silver Flame), other Flamic sects 5%, Sovreign Host 5%, other/aetheist 5%

The Republic of South Khorvaire

(covers what was Breland, Zilargo, and Darguun)

Government: Republic
Head of State/Government: President (currently Alain Bakker)
Population: 35 million (80% human, 15% half-elf, 2% gnome, 3% other)
Capital: Sharn
Religion: Orthodox Church of the Silver Flame 35%, Reformed Church of the Silver Flame 30%, Sovreign Host 15%, other Flamic sects 10%, other/aetheist 5%

Maradal Principalities

(covers what was Valenar, some parts of the Talenta plains, and some parts of Q'Barra; also claims the sparsely-populated region that was once the Mournland*)

Government: Aristocracy
Head of State/Government: First of the Council of Lords (currently Lady Cinella ir'Pylan)
Population: 18 million (60% human, 35% half-elf, 1% elf, 4% other)
Capital: Maradal (near where Pylas Maradal was)
Religion: Sovreign Host 35%, Undying Court 15%, Reformed Church of the Silver Flame 20%, Orthodox Church of the Silver Flame 15%, other Flamic sects 5%, other/aetheist 10%

* The mist over the Mournland had noticeably began to fade in 1117 YK, and had completely dissipated by the time of the cataclysm. The cause of the Day of the Mourning was never discovered. Scattered independent settlers live in the region, but residual fear keeps all but the most hardy out.

Last edited:

Remove ads