• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vigwyn's The Transmuter's Last Touch [IC]

Ivellious

First Post
industrygothica said:
"Good!" Norbrit says, probably more loudly than most would like. He continues to walk as he talks, not bothering to turn around to face whoever is behind him.

"If they be hearin' us, then they can come to us, save us the trouble o' findin' them. Be more energy fer fightin' thataway."

"Besides," Aust started with a smile as he put his hand on the dwarf's shoulder "Ol' Norbrit here couldn't be silent if you you even offered to pay him." The cleric winked to Laz

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
The merry party crashes through the brambles and finds itself in a squared depression in the rock wall. Though the area is heavily choked with ivy, you can make out several features of the niche. Straight in front of you is the outline of a large stone door. A morbid scene adorns the great stone door. The image depicts a robed and hooded man administering a potion to an enshrouded, skeletal corpse that lies upon a bier. Behind these figures, an open sarcophagus yawns. There does not appear to be any obvious opening mechanism or pull-ring on the door.

Many of the curling vines have been haphazardly torn down from the side walls, and behind them you can make out bas relief carvings in the face of the stone wall. Upon the left wall is carved a tall, life-sized figure in a long, hooded robe. Though his countenance is grim, he stongly resembles the man depicted on the central wall. A life-sized skeleton wrapped in a death shroud is carved into the right-hand wall. The grooves of the relief are deep, giving the impression that the skeleton is about to step out of the wall. Though its arms are folded across its chest, the skelton's jaw hangs open wide as though frozen in a silent scream.

[sblock=Lazarius]Search check 20 + 5 = 25. You notice that the door is false and that the bas relief on the right is actually a secret door. A fine crack is just barely discernable around the skeletal carving, and the shadowy niche that is the skeleton's mouth is deeper than it first appears.[/sblock]
[sblock=Norbrit]Search check 15 + 2 = 17. You notice with a dwarf's stonecunning that the door is false.[/sblock]
[sblock=Aust]You recognize the scene on the door as that of an acolyte of Soleth administering to a member of the faithful their peculiar draught to stave off undeath.[/sblock]

Attachments

• img018.jpg
    img018.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 125

Rathan

First Post
Laz will wait for them to inspect the mural on the wall more carefully... and if they do so he will snicker at them from a few feet back... then speak softly as he approched the secret door and stops about 5 feet from it....

" guys?.... hey guys?!.. the door is over HERE.... see the outline?" The mage would tell them as he pointed out the crack forming the door... he would also make mention the alcove in the skeletons mouth.... " wonder what goes in here... or maybe there's something inside mayhaps? Norbrit.... stick your hand in will you?... if you come back with a stump.. I've got bandages.." the mage would say with a playfull grin.... Once closer he will look for any writing or the like for him to decipher... perhaps it will tell him what goes in or what USED to be in the skeletons mouth....

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Rathan said:
Laz will wait for them to inspect the mural on the wall more carefully... and if they do so he will snicker at them from a few feet back... then speak softly as he approched the secret door and stops about 5 feet from it....

" guys?.... hey guys?!.. the door is over HERE.... see the outline?" The mage would tell them as he pointed out the crack forming the door... he would also make mention the alcove in the skeletons mouth.... " wonder what goes in here... or maybe there's something inside mayhaps? Norbrit.... stick your hand in will you?... if you come back with a stump.. I've got bandages.." the mage would say with a playfull grin.... Once closer he will look for any writing or the like for him to decipher... perhaps it will tell him what goes in or what USED to be in the skeletons mouth....

"Well open the durn thing then, smart guy," Norbrit says, somewhat annoyed. "Might be usin' yer own hands though, I'll be needin' mine to hold me ax."

He turns to Zazz and slaps him on the shoulder. "Why didn't you notice that? 'At's yer job, innit?" Unable to stifle his yellow-toothed grin, he continues, "And a fine thief ye make, elf. A fine thief at that..."

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Zazz smiles back at Norbit. "Perhaps if I didn't have a loud-mouthed, armor-jangling dwarf breaking my concentration every few minutes, I would have noticed." The elf moves to examine the crack indicating the secret door, his fingers running over the stone as he inspects it for a latching mechanism, and for any signs of danger.

[sblock=Vigwyn]
Search +6
[/sblock]

Ivellious

First Post
Aust watches the scene unfold before him with a smile. He decides against saying anything about the mural though for knowing it would only be a lost cause trying to explain it

industrygothica

Adventurer
Rhun said:
Zazz smiles back at Norbit. "Perhaps if I didn't have a loud-mouthed, armor-jangling dwarf breaking my concentration every few minutes, I would have noticed." The elf moves to examine the crack indicating the secret door, his fingers running over the stone as he inspects it for a latching mechanism, and for any signs of danger.

"Well I don't reckon ye'd want me takin 'off me armor, would ye?" Norbrit asks. "Then who'd ye have left to hind behind?" He ends his question with a confident chortle, suggesting that he is sure he's won the current battle of wits.

Rathan

First Post
Laz would grin wide at the dwarfs responce and would wait for the thief to inspect the real door he'd found more carefully before moving any closer.....

" oohhh no... If I'm to be a great mage of skilled magics.... I must have both hands to do so friend dwarf.. we'll let Zazz here risk his hand.. he's a crafty and quick sort heh...." he would say as he shifted his weight from one side to the other to look around Zazz for any scriptures to decipher....

Rhun

First Post
"Crafty, eh?" says Zazz from where he examines the hidden portal. "That's nicer than what they usually call me."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads