• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vigwyn's The Transmuter's Last Touch [IC]

Rathan

First Post
Laz would grin to Aust and then to Zazz....

what?... I can't be the pompas mage ALL the time now can I?... besides... if I'm a jerk constanly... you'll start writing on me in my sleep and taking my share of the loot while I'm not looking.." he would say with a grin as he looked to Zazz as he said the last part of his statement....

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Zazz takes a close look at the secret door, but is unable to divine anything more about it than what Lazarius has already noted.

Lazarius looks around to see if he can find any kind of writing on the rocky wall, but there is none. The bas relief carvings themselves are the only worked part of the stone.

[sblock=Zazz]Search check 3 + 6. Also, I did roll an automatic Search check for you as an elf when you first came close to the hidden door, but the result was too low to notice it.[/sblock]
[sblock=All]Excellent roleplaying! 50 XP for each of you. BTW, I'll be keeping track of group treasure and XP in the Rogues Gallery (see first post).[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
"Well, if there is a catch here, I can't find it," says Zazz, shrugging his shoulders. "Perhaps there is some other way to open this thing." The graceful elf walks over to the carving of the skeleton to inspect the opening in its mouth.

Rhun

First Post
"Wow," says Avaxasir, an exaggerated tone of amazement in his voice, "a dwarf that uses his head for something other than filling a helmet...will wonders never cease." With a slight bow to his companion, Zazz removes the piece of Jasper from the pouch, and attempts to place it within the mouth of the skeleton.

Ivellious

First Post
"Now, now, the dwarf that's filling that helment has saved you from certian harm too many times to count. Give him alittle more credit......even if he doesn't bathe much." Aust chids slightly with a smile

Rathan

First Post
Laz would look to them all picking on the dwarf and chuckled and moved over to Norbrit in his...... defence....

My friends... Norbrit is a very misunderstood creature... even *I* don't understand him very often... although good natured most of the time... he does still have his faults... he's not a mage for instance..." the witty wizard would utter softly as he knocked on Norbrits helm and leaned down to whisper to him don't let them or me get to you my stout friend.. I trust you with my life... and always will" he would again lean back up to his full height and peek his head around those gathered at the door at the mention of the pouch and gem found.. wonding how they'd manage to make themselves and himself look like bumbling adventuring bafoons this time..

[sblock=Vigwin] Do we note the XP on our chara sheets now.. or is that done at aventures end?[/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Bah! Just open the blasted door, will ye?" Norbrit is obviously tired of the talk, and steps back to those more skilled than he get them through the door.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Aust makes an attempt to use his divine gifts to affect any undead sprit that might be haunting the entrance, in the hopes that it will open the way. The others watch respectfully, but in the end, they are all disappointed, and the attempt comes to naught.

Then Zazz, acting on Norbrit's idea, drops the jasper down the gaping stone maw of the skeletal carving. The party listens to the clacking of the precious stone as it tumbles down a small tunnel carved into the figure, almost certainly as part of the opening mechanism. But instead of the brief sound ending with the grinding of an opening door, it ends with a faint splashing noise as the jasper apparently falls into a small cistern of some sort within the carving.

[sblock]If this is getting old for you, I'll allow Int checks to figure out how to open the secret door--just let me know.

You can add awarded XP to your character sheets any time you want. I'll keep a running list with dates and amounts awarded in the first post of the Rogues Gallery.[/sblock]

Remove ads