• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vigwyn's The Transmuter's Last Touch [IC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Rhun said:
"She can cast spells," says Zazz, casting a glance at Idruma. "And I can vouch for their effectiveness."

"Ha!" Norbrit yells. "But can she swing an axe?!" He turns to look at Zazz. "And I am not ill-tempered!"

"I'll tell ye what she brings to th' table: a durned good reason t'be lookin' more o'er yer shoulder than in front o' ye, that's what." He looks to the kobold, directly into her eyes. "So, ye want us to take out yer leader for ye, so's ye can stick us in the back at the end and have the place fer yerself, is that it?" His axehand is ready, and he'll swing at the first inclination of a spell.

"Yer walkin' in th' middle," he says flatly.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
"It is a pleasure to meet you, Cyrus. Before I was pressed into service as a jailer here, I was once the spititual leader of my clan. Though we serve different gods, and under other circumstances might meet as bitter enemies, I trust that we both want many of the same things for our respective flocks...enough so that we may put our differences aside for a while, anyway.

"Well, Lazarius, as you mention, I do indeed bring an intimate knowledge of this place--and I might be able to open a door or two for you, as I can go more or less freely where I please. I can show you the various spots throughout these tombs that impart short-lived magical abilities to those that pass through them--Tazex's warriors will no doubt make good use of these. I have little knowledge of Tazex's inner sanctum, but I can show you the secret entrance. However, I fear that Tazex may already know of your presence. I assume you killed or frightened off the guards in the guardroom. Did they sound the gong before they were dispatched?

"Yes, I can also cast a spell or two, but I'm afraid my most powerful spells have already been cast. I used my web to ensnare Zazz after he tried to brain me, and I have used my sleep spell to keep an untrustworthy pair of my tribesmen out of our way in their cell until our mission is complete. I have some minor cantrips remaining, some healing magic, and the ability to create an obscuring mist around us. I also have a few useful potions of my own brewing.

"I prefer my morningstar to an axe, Norbrit, but I certainly do know how to swing it. As for walking in the middle, I suppose I have little choice at this point."

industrygothica

Adventurer
Vigwyn the Unruly said:
"I prefer my morningstar to an axe, Norbrit, but I certainly do know how to swing it. As for walking in the middle, I suppose I have little choice at this point."

"Hrmph," Norbrit snorted. "And ye'd be right 'bout that, too," he says smugly.

doghead

thotd
Zazz said:
"She can cast spells," says Zazz, casting a glance at Idruma. "And I can vouch for their effectiveness."

Lazarius giggles.

"Not love spells I hope," he snorts, between giggles. It takes a moment for the young mage to regain his composure. He keeps shaking his head as if trying to dislodge something.

"Ah, Web. A very useful spell Lazarius states after Idruma finishes her little monologue. As for the gong, it was struck," Lazarius pauses for a moment, reddening slightly. "Unfortunately."

Rhun

First Post
Zazz frowns at Lazarius. "No, not a love spell." Looking back to Idruma, he adds his voice to his companion's. "Yes, the gong was struck, unfortunately. Some of us decided to try to talk to the guards, instead of stopping them from sounded the alarm, much to out chagrin."

ControlFreak

First Post
Cyrus, HP 19 (max)

"I can tell by the look on your face Idruma," Cyrus beings, "that the guards hitting the gong was a bad thing." He continues, "We figured it was a warning, so I can't say your words come as a surprise to us. Fortunately for us, we are strong and (much like Kord) we love a good challenge!"

Cyrus taps his mace into the palm of his left hand while walking.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
"Undoubtedly you have noticed that sound is deadened in this place, so you may have wondered at the gong. It is apparently the focus of a bit of magic left in this place from the former occupant. While its sound doesn't travel far in the room in which it hangs, it resounds loudly in Tazex's rooms. He surely knows that there has been an intrusion, and his warriors will lie in wait in the northern chambers--the bastards are apparently content to let me fall before you, as they did not come to warn me. In any event, I know a secret door that they will certainly not expect you to use, so you might be able to retain some element of surprise."

ControlFreak

First Post
Cyrus, HP 19 (max)

"Everyone loves a good surprise," exclaims Cyrus, "but I think this one .. we will like more than they do."

Cyrus follows Idruma, continuing to nervously hit his mace into his palm with anticiaption.

Rhun

First Post
"I'm ready," says Zazz, double checking his gear. With rapier in hand, he walks beside Idruma, trying to find out more information from her as they walk. "Tell me more of this Tzax. How did he come to force you into service? What power does he hold over your kin?"

[sblock=Question for Vigwyn]
Are we proceeding as if healed, or do we still need to rest?
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads