• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vigwyn's The Transmuter's Last Touch [IC]

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Idruma holds her tongue at the wizard's comments. For now she is content to finally have help against Tazex; she has no plans to ruin that by being dragged into a war of insults with the insolent magician.

Zazz searches the dead kobolds on the southern ledge, while Idruma purposely looks the other way. They carry nothing of any real value. It appears that they had enough time to prepare for the battle, and likely they left their valuables in their living quarters or some other safe place. With this task done, he heads back over the bridge.

Norbrit eyes the dark waters below. His keen dwarf eyes perceive that this chasm opens over a slow-moving underground river. As the water flows by in all its awesome, insensate power, Norbrit sees nothing moving within it, save for the bobbing dead body of the kobold that fell in from the southern ledge.

Cyrus tops the stairs just in time to see Norbrit and Zazz finish untying the rope bridge and drop it into the water below with an ominous splash.

"Well, that's that, then. Looks like the action is all over here," remarks Idruma. "I agree with Lazarius--let's be moving on."

Rhun

First Post
Zazz takes a deep breath to calm himself. Though the agile elf is not exactly exhausted from all the physical activity, he is unaccustomed to killing so often...even if the dead are only kobolds. As he walks slowly back across the bridge to join the others, he offers a slight nod to Idruma. "I'm sorry for all the killing, Idruma. But I truly believe this is the only way for all of us to escape this place."

doghead

thotd
ic - Transmuters

Lazarius turns word into deed and heads back down the stairs to recharge. He encourages the others to do so as well.

"We should all stop by the invisibility alcove. That would give us a significant advantage. Besides, it would be fun.

"Then we should attempt to breach the secret door to the freak's chamber. It seems he has not anticipated our knowledge of the secret doors.

The wily wizard pauses for a moment.

"Idruma. Once we have killed the freak, would you think his followers can be persuaded to give up the fight? Or are they beyond redemption, in your world?"

ControlFreak

First Post
Cyrus, HP 19 (max)

Still grumbling about being left behind, Cyrus falls in with the group. "In my training at the high temple of Kord, we did much training for strategy where we'd split into 2 teams and face eachother. What I've found is that if you cut off the head of the beast, the body usually flips a coin to see what it'll do next. Very hard to predict!"

doghead

thotd
ic - Transmuters

"Maybe. But if Kord will give us a half chance that they will lay down arms, that would be worth taking would it not? I'm sure Idruma would have us spare those of her tribe who need not be killed?"

Rhun

First Post
"And that, of course, is supposing that we can reach their leader without cutting through all of his remaning troops first," adds Zazz, pressing a handkerchief of dark cloth against the wound on his chest to stop the bleeding.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Idruma begins to walk back down the steps with the others. "I understand the need for killing here. In fact, I think we will need to kill them all, except for those I left locked up in the 'prison'. Otherwise, they will simply follow me back to the village to try and take their revenge on me and my family there. But of course it pains me some to see my own kind killed, even when I myself am taking part in the slaughter."

With this she stops short. Together, you all see an unexpected sight coming up the steps toward you. An ogre lumbers up the stairs, its filthy hair swaying from side to side as it brandishes its huge club at you. Spittle falls from its filthy mouth as it lets loose a terrible yowl of rage and hatred. The giant body must be all of 9 feet tall, and the beast must weigh at least 600 pounds.

"Kurtulmak's pick! Where did Tazex get an ogre!?"

[sblock=OOC]Initiative:
Lazarius 12 + 6 = 18
Norbrit 16 + 1 = 17
Zazz 9 + 4 = 13
Cyrus 9 + 0 = 9
Ogre 9 - 1 = 8
Idruma 2 + 1 = 3[/sblock]

Attachments

• Ogre1.jpg
    Ogre1.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 76

Rhun

First Post
"You've got to be kidding me," says Zazz, not at all happy to see a brute that can crush him into pulp in a single swing. "If someone hadn't had the bright idea to cut the bridge, we could have dropped him into the chasm." The elf can only shake his head.

"Well, nothin' for it," says Zazz, springing forward into a summersault, tumbling down the stairs to close with the ogre and doing his best to avoid its club. Coming to his feet right next to the brute, he stabs out with his rapier, aiming the thrust for its private parts! The elf could only hope that Norbit would follow his charge and end the beast's life with a strike from his axe.

[sblock=Combat Info]
Assuming we are still hasted:
AC18 (w/haste), HP 10/14
Tumble +11 vrs DC15 to avoid AoO to move 10' forward.
Attack vrs Ogre
Rapier +7 (w/haste), damage 1d6+1 (18-20) +1d6 sneak attack (ogre should be flat-footed ?)

+1 attack bonus for high ground? :D
[/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Norbrit's eyes open wide as he takes in the sight, and then the faintest of grins begins to curl under his matted beard. Almost too quickly for a dwarf, he raises his axe over his head with both hands and charges down the stairs with a primal roar. Halfway down the stairs Norbrit launches his stubby body towards the ogre, his eyes wild with bloodlust, and aims to bury his axe as deep into the the thing's skull as possible.

[sblock=ooc]Man, I hope that works! I guess he'd have dropped his shield as well. Keep that in mind, I guess, if it doesn't. :\ [/sblock]

doghead

thotd
ic - Transmuters

Idruma said:
"Kurtulmak's pick! Where did Tazex get an ogre!?"

"More importantly, how did it get past Cyrus?

"Ah yes," sighs Lazarius, spotting the cleric of Kord on the step below Norbit. "He wondered off."

Lazarius begins unleashing his remaining balls of force. When they are gone, the wizard decides he will have to use his crossbow. Shooting into combat will be tricky, he will have to take his shots where and when he can. Magic missile would be better, but Lazarius wants to save them for Tazex - unless things get really sticky with the ogre. Fortunately the ogre towers above his companions, which should make it a little easier to avoid putting a bolt in the wrong person. Hopefully, the ogre doesn't take it into his head to bull rush the company. Lazarius glances over his shoulder - back and too the right seems to be the best line of retreat.

Remove ads