• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vigwyn's The Transmuter's Last Touch [IC]

ControlFreak

First Post
Cyrus, HP 19 (max)

Cyrus looks at Norbit getting ready to bash in the door, and says, "I guess this way it is then," and waits for the door to open.

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Ready then?" he says as he raises his foot, not waiting for an answer. "Good!" And with a migty oomph! Norbrit plants his heavy foot into the door to surprise the vile kobold leader.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Norbrit kicks in the secret door, the remains of which crash to the floor in the hallway beyond. With a glance back at his comrades the dwarf steps into the hallway. The others pile in behind him, including the invisible mage.

The short hallway leads to another door. The door is locked, but Norbrit bashes it open with just as little ceremony as the first. Beyond the splintered door is a relatively large chamber with an open doorway in the southeast corner. The area is lit by flickering torch light, which reveals three strange features.

First, in the corner is a badly tarnished and heavily dented bronze statue of a robed man. Upon examination, Lazarius recognizes the subject as Verdivis the Transmuter himself.

Second, near the center of the room, and floating with perfect stillness 10 feet above the ground, is an immense hollow cube of glass.

Third, lines of runes have been carved into walls. Lazarius sees that these runes are related to the school of conjuration. They may have at one time been used to empower Verdivis's summoning spells, but Lazarius doubts that there is any power left in them.

[sblock=OOC]Lazarius, you will have approximately 3 rounds of invisibility left from this point.

Please ignore the big number 13--it's just an encounter area number.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Tazex1.jpg
    Tazex1.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 63

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Dunno 'bout the rest o' ye, but I'm not likin' that big cube hangin' o'er me head like that." The gruff dwarf stays on the wall and tries not to get directly under it if he can help it.

Rhun

First Post
"Hold up a few, gents, and let me see what I can see," says the elf, stepping into the chamber and doing a quick search for traps or anything of interest.

[sblock=Search]
Search +6
[/sblock]

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Zazz takes a moment to skirt the chamber, looking for anything suspicious. In his quick review, he does not note any obvious traps; however, the glass cube certainly does look ominous, hanging over the room as it does...

[sblock=OOC]2 rounds of invisibility left for Lazarius.[/sblock]

ControlFreak

First Post
Cyrus, HP 19 (max)

Cyrus walks under the cube and looks up. "If it was going to fall, it would have already fallen," he says out loud. Under his breath he continues, "I hope."

Rhun

First Post
Zazz follows his companion into the chamber, but sticks to the walls, staying out from under the glass cube. "I really don't like the looks of that thing..."

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Cyrus strides confidently toward the cube, having his say as he does. Seeing his intention, a clearly concerned Idruma tries to stop him. She reaches out her hand to grab his arm, "Cyrus! I wouldn't do that if I were..." But she is abruptly cut off as the cube slams to the floor with frightening speed, trapping Cyrus within. There is surprisingly little sound, but a puff of dust is raised from the stone floor.

"Oh, my."

Attachments

• Tazex2.jpg
    Tazex2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 65

Remove ads