Virtual Happy Hour (Brews & Spirits, Pics & Reviews)

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Store on campus had four beers from the Ukraine, the first is Umanske Unfiltered.
One importer website says:
"Brewed based on Belgian wheat Wit-type beer technology. Unfiltered wheat pale top-fermented beer of milk-yellow color. Has a complex and rich aroma of malt and spices in combination with notes of fruit. The taste is slightly sweet, spicy malt with a piquant accent of orange and coriander. For the production of this unique and refined beer selected barley Pilsner-type malt is used in combination with more than 50% wheat malt and with the addition of hops, has a citrus flavor. When brewed, coriander seeds and orange peel are added." 5% ABV.

It's not in my normal Porter-Stout or Hefe-Dunkel wheel house, but it tasted just fine. Interested to see what the Belgian Witbier fans think.

1674085257822.png1674085261869.png

Zardnaar

Legend
Store on campus had four beers from the Ukraine, the first is Umanske Unfiltered.
One importer website says:
"Brewed based on Belgian wheat Wit-type beer technology. Unfiltered wheat pale top-fermented beer of milk-yellow color. Has a complex and rich aroma of malt and spices in combination with notes of fruit. The taste is slightly sweet, spicy malt with a piquant accent of orange and coriander. For the production of this unique and refined beer selected barley Pilsner-type malt is used in combination with more than 50% wheat malt and with the addition of hops, has a citrus flavor. When brewed, coriander seeds and orange peel are added." 5% ABV.

It's not in my normal Porter-Stout or Hefe-Dunkel wheel house, but it tasted just fine. Interested to see what the Belgian Witbier fans think.

View attachment 273027View attachment 273028

There's a reason I've been drinking eastern European beers.
Often cheap and better than local beers and a fair few imports as well.

Camping tomorrow need to stock up. Hmmn no Russian beer this year.

IMG_20230115_155247.jpg

Some sort of ginger cider. Went down the drain near the bottom of can. 4/10.

And retcon this down to 4/10. Reviewed earlier. Joined it's mate down the drain.

IMG_20230115_143126.jpg

Gonna go for some Lithuanian or Ukraine beer if I can find it. Baltika is owned by Danes (Carlsberg) and has shifted production out of Russia.

Zardnaar

Legend
Haul for the week or until we get rained. Leaving on Friday not sure what I'll drink in Monday!!!!
IMG_20230119_203105.jpg
Lots of Dutch beer, 3 Ukrainian, one Japanese and German. Lager week.

Zardnaar

Legend
Hot summer day putting up tents. Slava Ukraine.

IMG_20230120_114746.jpg

Probably a 7/10 right here right now a 9. It got inhaled. Hit sun generic lager think I made the right call.

That and in a hurry and supermarket didn't have any cheap NZ hoppy pilsners or APA's.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Nice enough but to sweet sickly. Can't really rate it fairly.

SIL describes it as berry flavoured rocket fuel. It's fairly potent straight

IMG_20230120_182049.jpg
Pavlova is like a meringue pie dessert. 17% abv.

Zardnaar

Legend
Internet's spotty in my location. Hidden away in rural camp away from ze tourists.

IMG_20230121_122558.jpg

Kaiserdom 1 litre of glorious Deutsch pilsner. Not bad in the heat got demolished. Probably a 7/10 generic pilsner did the job no complaints.

IMG_20230124_143237.jpg

Childhood beach being ruined by tourists trashing the joint. Some of them were trying to chip the boulders for sounvenirs. Was gonna give them a drunken kiwi welcome involving buckets of seawater but got talked down. See me wrecking your country?
IMG_20230124_143232.jpg

Said attraction.

Last edited:

Remove ads