Virtual Happy Hour (Brews & Spirits, Pics & Reviews)

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
E575DBFE-8569-4A61-B282-F4F7EF4F95B0.jpeg

Zardnaar

Legend
Hmm phone is goofy but sbove is the first few batches today. Up to 20 gallons home brew.

What about next week though?

Whatever these are had high hopes but this is the Budweiser of APAs. In hindsight should have bout a dozen normal beers same price or played it safe with reliable brand. Or Mac's rock hop pilsner.
IMG_20230211_140616.jpg

6/10 maybe drinkable not exciting.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
3rd of 4 from the Ukraine

Waissburg Doppelbock by Umanpivo. 7.5% ABV. "Vienna type malt is used along with aromatic hops that have fruit and berry notes."

Doppelbocks aren't what I usually reach for, but it was fine. Didn't really get the fruit notes and I can't place the taste at the end.

PXL_20230217_221429190.jpgPXL_20230217_221419012.jpg

Zardnaar

Legend
Heh hard to find Ukrainian beer now and it's only Oberon.

That six pack of APAs took me a week to drink. Had a couple of previously reviewed German lagers which murdered the APA IMHO. Oberon also be an improvement.

Currently hooking into a gin and tonic. It's free and sister in law enjoys making the booze/drinking company.

@pukunui American expat how do you find NZ beers (cheap, premium, craft).

Zardnaar

Legend
Better Beer 4.2%
20230305_124344.jpg

Playing Star Wars on Sunday, fell over hit my head and decided drinking an Susdue beer woukd make sense. There wine isn't to bad, VB is the best of the worst beers what the hell. Translation one of my players bought a 6 pack GMs drink for free.

Expected the worst, dead kangaroo taste, burnt forest or tasting like underarm bowling. Didn't help that the can looked like a refugee from the 1980's or possibly the 70's.

Has more than 4 letters on the can. Looks like the Aussies are learning took them 40+years. Normally they just put XXXX or VB on the can.

Anyway unusual taste not unpleasant kinda like it. Slightly hoppy couldn't tell if it was a lager or an ale. I guessed an ale but no idea.

7.5/10 dead koala beers would drink again kinda liked it. Can't ask for much more. Overpriced for what it was $17 ($11 usd) for a 6 pack. Krombacher was on special this week only $2.50 ($1.50) a 600 ml bottle that's 7 for the same price 17.5 standard drinks of glorious German beer. German pilsner> than this cheaper, better, almost twice as much and stronger.

Better Beer
Less carbs and suger apparently . Kinda defeats the point what's next 0% beer? That websites a bit tragic.

Apparently it's a lager. After drinking Russian/German/Ukrainian/Lithuanian lagers it's a bit insipid but tasted alright tbf. Just overpriced in an awful can. Free beer does taste better though.

Since camping hardly touched the beer. Getting blood in my alcohol stream.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Been a bit dry since January. Bought a dozen of these the other night. Optionscwere very limited went down well playing ticket to ride. Shared somearound few left over.
20230311_192028.jpg
Nice Turkish meal
20230314_180515.jpg

Awesome garlic bread.
20230314_180512.jpg

And a hopped NZ Emersons pilsner.

20230314_174142.jpg

@payn you like these types of hopped Pilsners iirc.

Last edited:

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...

Remove ads