• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Virtuoso - Jarring sond and Spell Like

Endevor

First Post
Hello i have a question about the Jarring Song power of the Virtuoso (Complete Adventurer), the wording is not clear for me :

Jarring Song (Su): A virtuoso of 5th level or higher with
at least 15 ranks in a Perform skill can inhibit spellcast-
ing. Any enemy within 30 feet attempting to cast a spell
during a jarring song must make a Concentration check
with a DC equal to the virtuoso’s Perform check to avoid
losing the spell. A virtuoso can keep up his jarring song
for 10 rounds.

Since Spell-like require concentration check (in grapple or for Aoo) do you think this power can force concentration check not to disrupt the spell like?

shilsen

Adventurer
Corsair said:
No, because a spell like ability is not spell casting.
It is, however, very similar to spellcasting in certain ways, the big difference being that Sp abilities don't require V, S, and M components. Which is why I think a DM can reasonably rule either way on this question.

Corsair

First Post
Similar doesn't mean the same. In this system, spell casting has a distinct and specific meaning from a spell like ability.

moritheil

First Post
shilsen said:
It is, however, very similar to spellcasting in certain ways, the big difference being that Sp abilities don't require V, S, and M components. Which is why I think a DM can reasonably rule either way on this question.

If V, S, and M components make a difference, would you put warlock SLAs in with SLAs or spellcasting (assuming it mattered)?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads