Volo's Preview at Kotaku: Flinds, Yuan-Ti, & More

Kotaku has posted a new preview of Volo's Guide to Monsters. This one looks at gnolls, lizardfolk, flinds, and yuan-ti. Don't forget to check out all the previous previews of the upcoming 224-page monster book for D&D 5th Edition - the froghemoth, giants and orcs, mindflayers and beholders, fire giant dreadnoughts, giant lore, and the book's preface. Credit goes to EN World member Entsuropi for spotting this one!

Kotaku has posted a new preview of Volo's Guide to Monsters. This one looks at gnolls, lizardfolk, flinds, and yuan-ti. Don't forget to check out all the previous previews of the upcoming 224-page monster book for D&D 5th Edition - the froghemoth, giants and orcs, mindflayers and beholders, fire giant dreadnoughts, giant lore, and the book's preface. Credit goes to EN World member Entsuropi for spotting this one!

dymxqfm9r95yhet040h7.png

etrekmoxo8nxlph3yyqr.png

nnsu5wtm4sxlzci4pqn6.png

vjl4wpmlfcl8d7bgvh5y.png

pv4ybkqmlkyu5wkxuo7w.png

evcvhtltmy6lr9zrvtk7.png

SaveSave
SaveSave

Dualazi

First Post
This preview actually does make me tentatively more excited with Volo's, it's really nice to see big enemies like the flind that can have a multitude of powerful attack options without resorting to giving them a laundry list of spells. The Annis hag in one of the other previews was solid as well, so I hope to be pleasantly incorrect about my somewhat doom-and-gloom outlook on the product.

dave2008

Legend
In the first gnoll preview I just noticed that maw demons will be included in chapter 3. I guess I wrongly assumed we wouldn't be getting any more demons in volo's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Man, this really makes me hope that they will one day rerelease the Monster Manual with updated and interesting monsters, like they did with the 4e Monster Vaults

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Yeah, so I finally pre-ordered this yesterday. *sigh*

Tuan-ti are some of my favorite D&D monsters, so this was a treat. I hope they include the histachii also.

I am happy that they are both not flooding the market with books and that they are making their releases pretty high quality and interesting. Plus, the major 3PP seem to have stepped up their games as well.

Remove ads

Remove ads