Vote For Your Favourite ACTUAL PLAY Tabletop RPG Podcasts

Vote For Your Favourite ACTUAL PLAY Tabletop RPG Podcasts (VOTING IS NOW CLOSED!)

• 4Ever GM

• A Grim Podcast of Perilous Adventure

• A Tale of D20s

• Adventure.EXE

• Ain’t Slayed Nobody

• Are We Dead Yet?

• Cape Lorelei

• Critical Ditto

• Critical Hit

• Dice And Desire

• Dice Fiends

• Dice Populi

• Dice Shame

• Dicehaven

• Discount Dungeons

• Dungeon Dads

• Dungeon Punks

• Dungeons & Daddies

• Eberron Chronicles: Oracle of War

• Encounter Party!

• Faeforge Academy

• Follow the Leader

• Force Majeure

• From Afar Podcast

• Games We Never Play

• Glass Cannon Network

• Heroes of The Hydian Way

• High Rollers

• House of Bob

• How We Roll

• Know Your Roll

• Many Realms

• Mass Effect: Adventum

• Mythguided: Forgotten Lore

• New Crits on the Block

• Not A Test

• Not Another D&D Podcast

• Party of One

• Protean City Comics

• Quest Friends

• Questward

• Red Moon Roleplaying

• Roll Britannia

• Rolling Misadvantures

• RPG Radio Show

• Side Character Quest

• Sweden Rolls

• Tabletop Potluck

• Tabletop Roulett

• Tale of the Manticore

• Tales from 2000

• The Bardic College

• The Billowing Hilltop

• The Danger Club

• The Dimension Door Podcast

• The DMs Treehouse

• The Last Tapestry

• The League of Ultimate Questing

• The Lucky Die

• The Magpies

• The Unexpectables

• Three Black Halflings

• Twelve-Sided Stories

• Twenty Sided Realms

• Why Can’t We Be Wizards?

• Wildcards

• World Walkers

• Wrath and Story

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

We've taken the nominations, and we have nearly 70 podcasts in the ACTUAL PLAY category waiting for your votes! Who will be in the Top 10 this yer, and who will win the coveted top spot and join the Hall of Fame?

Results will be in the DEC 19th episode of our podcast:

BIG RED TEXT! YOU NEED TO CHECK ONE OR MORE CHOICES IN THE POLL. POSTING THE NAME OF A PODCAST AS A REPLY IS NOT A VOTE. IF YOU'RE USING AN APP AND CAN'T SEE THE POLL, REVISIT WITH A WEB BROWSER.

rpg_podcast.jpg

ACTUAL PLAY podcasts are podcasts where the podcasters play an actual tabletop RPG for your listening enjoyment. The previous years' winners were Tablestory (2019) and The Adventure Zone, (2018), which are now in the Hall of Fame, and are not eligible to enter this year.

TALK podcasts are voted on separately in their own category.

You may vote for up to 3 podcasts.

Voting closes on December 15th. You have two weeks!

FAQ: Why wasn't my favourite podcast nominated?
Answer: Because you didn't nominate it! Don't worry, this poll happens every year, so you can nominate it next year. If you did make a valid nomination in the nomination thread and I missed it, let me know!

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I have yet to find a single actual play that I like. Maybe someone could point me in the right direction. From the ones I have tried listening to a few things bother me. Over dramatic GM and players trying to do voice acting, bad accents, not fallowing the actual rules of the game, the players don't know the rules to the GM is constantly explaining them, and over all bad audio quality. If someone could point me to a live play that does not have these issues I am all ears.
I now only listen to professional performers' podcasts, which resolves most of those issues. A lot of them play a little fast and loose with some of the rules, as many games do, so that'd likely be a dealbreaker for you.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Would love to have you check out Encounter Party!. We're 6 professional voice actors battling through a Ravnica campaign written by a novelist/playwright that's heavily edited to focus the listener experience on the story/characters in under-an-hour episodes. We've been featured by Nerdist, Syfy, Gilding Light, and even WotC's official D&D podcast, Dragon Talk! Nearly 8 weeks spent on Apple's New & Noteworthy charts and charted in over 50 countries for Comedy Fiction!
When does the post-Ravnica campaign start? I enjoy what I've heard, but would like to jump on at the beginning of a season instead.

Dragonsbane

Proud Grognard
I now only listen to professional performers' podcasts, which resolves most of those issues. A lot of them play a little fast and loose with some of the rules, as many games do, so that'd likely be a dealbreaker for you.
Those "professionals" are some of the worst ones out there IMHO. You can tell who has been playing for years, and who is a professional actor and new to the game from 1000 yards away.

Last edited:

Dragonsbane

Proud Grognard
Sorry, meant nothing bad. I prefer experienced players, and I simply meant someone who was new to the game by my expression. No malice here.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases