• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Vs Vecna battle simulations.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Ok, thanks for chiming in everyone. It seems the general view is Afterthought can ONLY come after according to the text.

Also, I will update Invulnar's turn to add +7 to Vecna for the use of Empowered Spell on his Sunbeam. However, I am ruling he will have to use Empowered spell (and pay sorcery points) for each separate beam if he wants the benefit.

I've got a D&D game later, so I might not be able to run Broodhuz's Turn until I get home tonight.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
"Ya killed Go'Ban! Yer gonna die for that, dead-head!" shouted Broodhuz and he spat another line of freezing goo at Vecna. He lifted his greatsword overhead and it burst into flame, then he charged at Vecna, as his ice-mephits flew about him, protecting his friends as well as they could. He brought his flaming sword down on the archlich...

OOC: Gonna use Chromatic Infusion to get an extra 1d4 Fire Damage on any sword attack. Also, don't forget to use Spirit Shield to reduce 4d6 damage to one ally each round (using Broodhuz' reaction).
Ok, I have time so I want to run this now so @Stalker0 can take Invulnar's Turn later.

Also, I did use your Spirit Shield, but had to wait until your turn so you have your reaction back to use it again.

Broodhaz's Turn:

Broodhaz uses Chromatic Infusion (bonus action), add +1d4 fire damage to his sword.

Broodhaz breathes his Cold Breath at Vecna, who makes the DC 15 DEX save (18+3=21), so only takes 3 cold damage (14 half to 7 for save, half to 3 for resistance to cold).

Broodhaz then moves next to Go'ban's body and swings his burning greatsword with furious rage (Reckless Attack), and CRITS! (20,5+10=30 vs AC 18), dealing 17 slashing damage plus 6 fire damage, for a total of 23 damage!

Vecna uses Fell Rebuke (reaction #1), dealing 13 necrotic damage to Broodhuz, and teleports next to Invulnar!

1656362488082.png

CURRENT HIT POINTS: (CORRECTED)

VECNA: 164 / 272
(-26)
Go'ban: 0 / 132 (-105)

Morcolt: 82 / 131
Broodhuz: 127 / 149
(-13)
Invulnar: 150 / 162

It is now Invulnar's Turn.

Last edited:

Stalker0

Legend
Invulnar's Turn

The two masters of magic stand toe to toe, arcane energies crackling against each other. Invulnar, now having seen this foul lich's teleport several times, can tell that it creates some kind of "life siphon" off his fellows. That can be dealt with easily, but how to counter Vecna's anti-magic? Invulnar considers, and ultimately comes up empty.... it is a counterspell far superior to anything the sorceror had seen, who knew how powerful it was?

But then Invulnar smiled, if he could not beat it with power....he would beat it with speed. There was a reason he was called the "Fastest Freeze in Amanatur!

Invulnar will cast Chill Touch on Vecna. Assuming Vecna counters it, Invulnar will quicken cast Chill Touch again! (if Vecna chooses not to counter the first spell, let me know how it lands and then I may change my followup.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Invulnar's Turn:

Invulnar cast Chill Touch against Vecna, but Venca uses Dread Counterspell (reaction #2), dealing 11 psychic damage to Invulnar.

UPDATE: Broodhuz's uses Spirit Shield/Vengeful Ancestors (reaction) to prevent the 11 damage to Invulnar, dealing 11 force damage to Venca.

Invulnar succeeds automatically on the DC 10 Concentration check to retain Sunbeam.

Invulnar uses Quicken Spell (11 sp left) to cast Chill Touch again! Venca sneers in defiance, but the spell HITS (15,15+10=25 vs. AC 18), for 10 necrotic damage (half 21)! Vecna has disadvantage on attacks made against Invulnar and cannot regain hit points until the end of Invulnar's next turn!

PAUSED:

@Stalker0 are you doing anything else this turn?

RESUMED:

Invulnar moves north up towards the pillar next to Morcolt (the max of Invulnar's speed 30).

1656375756851.png

VECNA: 154 / 272
(-10)

Morcolt: 82 / 131
(-0, updated: negated by Spirit Shield/Vengeful Ancestors)

It is now Morcolt's Turn.

Last edited:

Stalker0

Legend
since Vecna does not have any OAs, I'll have invulnar move 30 ft to the northeast around the pillar to get cover from vecna.

Invulnar will shout, "THIS IS IT!!! He can't heal, give him everything you've got!!!"

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I updated Invulnar's Turn to include Broodhuz using Spirit Shield to prevent the damage to Invulnar.

Morcolt's Turn:

Morcolt takes 2 necrotic damage (half of 4) fails the DC 20 CON save (4+8=12) to prevent Afterthought's effect on his next turn.

Morcolt succeeds (3+8=11 vs DC 10) on the concentration check to retain Spirit Shroud.

Morcolt moves 25 feet to get within 10 feet of Vecna and attacks with his pact longbow, hitting (8+11 vs. AC 18), dealing 9 piercing damage plus 1 necrotic (half 2) plus 9 radiant damage, total 19 damage. Vecna cannot regain hit points until the start of Morcolt's next turn.

Venca uses Fell Rebuke (reaction #3), dealing 4 necrotic damage (half 8) to Morcolt and teleporting 30 feet east.

Morcolt fires his second arrow at Vecna, hitting (18+11=29 vs AC 18) for 11 piercing damage plus 1 necrotic (half 2), total 12 damage.

Morcolt uses Blessing of the Raven Queen to teleport south 30 feet. He has resistance to all damage until the start of his next turn.

1656381379788.png

VECNA: 123 / 272
(-31)

Morcolt: 76 / 131 (-6; missed damage someplace but this should be correct now.)

It is now Vecna's Turn.

(NOTE: tomorrow, I hope, I will have time to review all the rounds and damage to make certain everything above is correct...).

Last edited:

Remove ads