• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Vs Vecna battle simulations.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
VECNA'S TURN:

Venca moves 5 feet northwest and uses Ready Action to cast Dominate Monster triggered to release when he can see Invulnar.

UPDATE: The following is removed because I mistakenly allowed Vecna to multiattack after a readied action (thanks @MarkB), so that will change his strategy a bit.

This is what I get for trying to rush a turn late at night after a day of work and an evening of D&D... :rolleyes: Sorry for the mistake, folks.

Vecna uses Vile Teleport (bonus action) to teleport next to Broodhuz, dealing 15 necrotic damage!

Vecna's reaction (#1) triggers Dominate Monster against Invulnar.

Invulnar automatically fails his DC 22 Wisdom save (20+0=20 vs DC 22) and is charmed by Dominate Monster and under Venca's command.

Vecna speaks in Draconic, "Barak hik motfa magic missiles tup sunbeam taghet kilemfa Shadar-Kai efrendo, mu solvatl!"
(translation: "Use your most powerful magic missiles and sunbeam together to kill the Shadar-Kai elf, my servant!")

Venca attacks Broodhuz with Afterthought, hitting twice (17+13=30, 7+13=20 vs. AC 13) for a total of 38 damage (6 piercing + 12 necrotic and 9 piercing + 11 necrotic).

Venca moves 25 feet away from Broodhuz into the center of the pillars. Broodhuz has no reaction to make an OA.

CORRECTED TURN continues:

Venca moves east 5 feet, seeing Invulnar, and uses his reaction (#1) to trigger Dominate Monster.

Invulnar automatically fails his DC 22 Wisdom save (20+0=20 vs DC 22) and is charmed by Dominate Monster and under Venca's command.

Vecna speaks in Draconic, "Barak hik motfa magic missiles tup sunbeam taghet kilemfa Shadar-Kai efrendo, mu solvatl!"
(translation: "Use your most powerful magic missiles and sunbeam together to kill the Shadar-Kai elf, my servant!")

Vecna uses Vile Teleport (bonus action) to teleport 30 feet to below the southwest pillar, dealing 7 necrotic damage (half 15) to Morcolt!

Venca moves 15 feet south below Morcolt.

"Soon you will die, fell elf..." he taunts.

1656411618954.png

CURRENT HIT POINTS: (CORRECTED)

VECNA: 123 / 272

Go'ban: 0 / 132 (-105)
Morcolt: 69 / 131 (-7)
Broodhuz: 127 / 149
Invulnar: 150 / 162

It is now Broodhuz's Turn.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Oh dat's IT." insisted Broodhuz and he charged Vecna, swinging his sword. When Vecna teleported, he chased him down.

OOC: He'll use his action to dash, which will give him +5 to damage from the charger feat (his sword attack as a bonus action, recklessly). This will make it so that when Vecna teleports, he can probably catch up to him. I'll probably save my reaction for an opp attack, unless it will save someone's life. Um... in the above damage, did you take into account resistance against piercing for rage?

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Vecna can't ready an action as part of his multiattack routine, so no Afterthought attacks for him.
Oh, good point--I had forgotten that. I'll update Vecna's turn with that in mind.

I am going through and cleaning up hit points today. I know by copy/pasting from turn to turn things got messed up, so I want to review everything and get a correct base for Broodhuz's turn.

Also quick thing Dominate gives a telepathic link so no need to verbally give orders.
True, but I see Vecna as taunting and such, so this way Broodhuz knows... :devilish:

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
"Oh dat's IT." insisted Broodhuz and he charged Vecna, swinging his sword. When Vecna teleported, he chased him down.

OOC: He'll use his action to dash, which will give him +5 to damage from the charger feat (his sword attack as a bonus action, recklessly). This will make it so that when Vecna teleports, he can probably catch up to him. I'll probably save my reaction for an opp attack, unless it will save someone's life. Um... in the above damage, did you take into account resistance against piercing for rage?
Hey, Fitz, since I made a big mistake on Vecna's turn I had to redo it. Let me know what you want Broodhuz to do now after the corrections. Sorry about that!

Stalker0

Legend
Also point of order, Vecna can only give me a general command right now, such as “kill the shader-Kai”. It takes an action to give me exact commands like what spells to use and to use a combo.

Stalker0

Legend
The Dominate Monster play is a pretty nasty one from Vecna, though a spellcaster with a wisdom save as low as mine might be rare its not unheard of (and for fighter types it would be more common), but with Vecna's ability "see stats", it lets him always target someone how who will autofail their save. That's a big deal, as it means the advantage on the save for being in combat and the save every round are rendered moot. Seems a solid opening move for Vecna in the future, effectively turning a 4 v 1 into a 3 v 2.

Remove ads