D&D 5E Vs Vecna battle simulations.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Also, the monk would have been better off attacking the pillar on his way to Vecna, initiating his Attack action, used Flurry of Blows on Vecna as his bonus action (denying Vecna reactions), and then completed his Extra Attack.

Oh well, live and learn... 🤷‍♂️

What about the rest of Hjalman's turn???

Also, would you mind including attack roll numbers and other information so people can follow along better?

For instance, I don't know if the monk missed with his first attack and just hit with the second or if he hit with the first and the Venca teleported???

Since Hjalman didn't get to activate Flurry of Blows, he still has a bonus action available. Spending a ki point would let him Dash to close the distance with Vecna and deliver his second attack.
Yes I will do that suff

And sorry I did not get more details I was in a hurry. I won’t be able to follow up until I get off work in 5 hours. I will show rolls from now on as well.

Will try and give more time to react to things changing before saying next turn.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
And sorry I did not get more details I was in a hurry. I won’t be able to follow up until I get off work in 5 hours. I will show rolls from now on as well.

Will try and give more time to react to things changing before saying next turn.
No problems.

Please, take your time and be as thorough as you can. I think the member who made Arthur loss his account access. Oops! :eek:

Anyway, the spells he selected were pretty poor IMO. I spent a couple hours making up my wizard, and I feel like some of the others just threw together a PC without giving things a lot of thought. :(

I mean, a Paladin at that level without Aura of Life and a few other spells is very suboptimal to my view. Sigh... I figured he planned on smiting a lot, but still.

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
Yes I will do that suff

Since he no longer has the opportunity to deny Vecna reactions through Flurry of Blows, I'd be tempted to have him activate Stunning Strike if his second attack hits. That is getting to the stage of spending a lot of ki points in his first turn, though.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Since he no longer has the opportunity to deny Vecna reactions through Flurry of Blows, I'd be tempted to have him activate Stunning Strike if his second attack hits. That is getting to the stage of spending a lot of ki points in his first turn, though.
It’s 20th level, so he has plenty of them; I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I expect him to burn through ki like mad, personally. We know it won't work on Vecna (as players) and it is a fairly cheap way for the PC to learn it as well.

JZVZtor.png

Hjalman uses Bonus Action to Dash and makes another unarmed Strike

NdLIQtC.png

He activated Stunning Strike as well, but Vecna saved it pretty hard (So no discovery of immunity yet).
n5HXnqR.png

Now I am pretty sure it is Egar's Turn.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Now I am pretty sure it is Egar's Turn.
Well... since I forgot to update my spell list with Dispel Magic... Oi! :rolleyes: This will be harder. 🤷‍♂️

Egar will use Ready Action to cast Disintegrate with the trigger of releasing the spell once he can see Vecna without the pillar in the way.

1655035321121.png

Once he reaches the orange circle (when he can see Vecna without the pillar in the way) he will use his reaction to release the spell (yellow line), hitting only Vecna for 75 force damage (DC 19 Dexterity save for none).

Current Spell Slots: 4 / 3 / 3 / 3 / 3 / 1 / 2 / - / 1 (bold shows spell levels where slots were used).

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I would like to add this is fun, really.

I had some time last night so made another wizard build which would probably work even better. 🤷‍♂️

MarkB

Legend
Well... since I forgot to update my spell list with Dispel Magic... Oi! :rolleyes: This will be harder. 🤷‍♂️

Egar will use Ready Action to cast Disintegrate with the trigger of releasing the spell once he can see Vecna without the pillar in the way.

View attachment 250872
Once he reaches the orange circle (when he can see Vecna without the pillar in the way) he will use his reaction to release the spell (yellow line), hitting only Vecna for 75 force damage (DC 19 Dexterity save for none).

Current Spell Slots: 4 / 3 / 3 / 3 / 3 / 1 / 2 / - / 1 (bold shows spell levels where slots were used).
Why the readied action rather than moving and then casting? I feel like I missed something there.

Remove ads