D&D 5E Vs Vecna battle simulations.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Invulnar's Turn: He will move straight west 30 ft (going north around the pillar). If I've angeled it right, I should be able to get a 5 ft line on vecna's square without clipping Bloodhurz. I will then release a uni....ahem, I mean SUNBEAM!!! (reminder save is at disadvantage due to undead).
Hmm... it is REALLY close... :unsure: But ok. :)

Assuming I am still able to target vecna after that, I will throw on a quickened magic missile as a bonus action (upcast to 4th level which helps against "normal" counterspells"). Again, I will use empowered metamagic as necessary to get good damage results.
Got it.

Here we go...

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Invular's Turn:

Invulnar moves 30 feet west, gliding north of the pillar and fires a Sunbeam at Vecna. Vecna saves (6,9+12 = 18 vs DC 18), but takes 20 (half 41) radiant damage!

UPDATE:
Invulnar's uses Empower Spell on his sunbeam, rerolling a 3 and 1, getting an 8 and 3, increasing his damage by 7 to 41. However, since Venca saved, his damage is 20 (+3 above the original 17).

Invulnar then upcasts magic missile at 4th level as a bonus action using Quicken Spell / Empowered Spell (13 SP remaining).

Venca uses Dread Counterspell (reaction #1) and the magic missile is interrupted. Invulnar takes 12 psychic damage!

1656294264449.png

CURRENT HIT POINTS: (CORRECTED)

VECNA: 156 / 272
(-20, updated)
Go'ban: 66 / 132
Morcolt: 101 / 131
Broodhuz: 140 / 149
Invulnar: 150 / 162
(-12)

It is now Go'ban's Turn (@Smythe the Bard)

Last edited:

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Go'ban's Turn:

Using the pillar for cover, Go'ban cast healing spirit at 4th level on himself, recovering 9 hit points.

He then steps out from behind the pillar and fires an arrow at Vecna, barely missing! (5+12=17 vs AC 18).

Steadying himself, he draws in a quick breath and uses Stalker's Flurry to fire again and the arrow strikes true, hitting (11+12=23) for 8 piercing damage + 5 piercing , a total of 13 damage! (Fury of the Small??? -- Let me know if you are NOT doing this on your first hit each turn, ok?).

Vecna uses Fell Rebuke (reaction #2), dealing 4 necrotic damage to Go'ban and teleporting right next to him!!!

1656296436107.png

PAUSED:

@Smythe the Bard, before I continue I need to know what you want Go'ban to do at this point. You still have 30 feet of movement and your Extra Attack remaining. Vecna used his reaction to Fell Rebuke, so will not get OA against you if you move.

Once I know what your next move it, I will finish the turn.

RESUMED:

Backpedaling away from Vecna, Go'ban releases is arrow (extra attack) and CRITS!! (20+12=32) for 12 piercing damage!

He then falls back behind the pillar south of Broodhuz.

1656297479869.png

The Yellow Circle represent the current location of Healing Spirit.

VECNA: 131 / 272
(-25)
Go'ban: 71 / 132 (+9 - 4)
Morcolt: 101 / 131

It is now Morcolt's Turn
(but that will have to wait until tomorrow, folks, time for sleep and work in the A.M., sorry. :( )

Last edited:

yes, use the FotS. Stick 2nd arrow in him, use my movement to get behind the pillar opposite of Vecna and bonus action move the healing spirit and try and get Bro & Morty in it.... next round.
"отримати деякі!" he squeaks

Last edited:

Stalker0

Legend
Invulnar snarls. Whatever that wizard did, it wasn't a counterspell. It was almost....like he destroyed the magic utterly! This is a whole new ballgame gentlemen.

Also checking, where there any poor d8 rolls on my sunbeam that I could have empowered?

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
POINT OF ORDER/ RULING NEEDED:

Can you used Empowered Spell on subsequent actions of a spell or ONLY when it is actually cast?

Also checking, where there any poor d8 rolls on my sunbeam that I could have empowered?
My (current) ruling was you can't use it on subsequent actions, only when the spell is first cast.

Now, if you want to say you Empowered it when you cast it (fine with me, btw), even then only the first beam would be empowered, not every beam after that.

Alternatively, if you are allowed to empower every beam, would you want to pay for that each time?

FWIW, you had two dice (a 1 and a 3) which I did reroll (assuming you might use it and we collectively rule you can), getting an 8 and a 3 again. So, if the ruling ends up being you can empower it on later beams, or you want to empower it when cast and this was your first beam (seems likely), I can update your turn to add the extra 7 damage.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Morcolt's Turn:

Morcolt takes 8 damage (half 17) from Afterthought and succeeds on one DC 20 save (15+8=23, 2+8=10) to remove one effect.

Morcolt fires is pact longbow at Vecna, getting a CRIT!! (20+11=31), for 12 damage total.

Venca sneers and uses Fell Rebuke (reaction #3), dealing 5 damage to Morcolt (half due to resistance) and teleports.

Morcolt moves southwest 15 feet to get a clear shot and shoots again, but misses (1+11 = 12) and uses Lucky (#2) to reroll turning it into a hit (10+11=21 vs. AC 18), dealing 9 damage in total.

Morcolt uses moves 15 feet east behind the pillar and casts Spirit Shroud (bonus action, last spell slot).

1656321518194.png

VECNA: 110 / 272
(-21)
Go'ban: 71 / 132
Morcolt: 88 / 131
(-13)

It is now Vecna's Turn.

Last edited:

Remove ads