W2: The Search For Tomas Quinn (Rae Judging)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Pendrake is not sure of the best acton, so he withholds his action to see wo , how many and from which directioon the treat is coming from.
 

Corwyn

Visitor
Aiken draws his sword and moves to the opposite side of the ally opening. That would be on the other side of Cepheus.
 

BigB

Visitor
Cepheus silently curses his situation and not having a good subdual weapon. Thinking they need Derris alive he hopes Solange will be able to heal Derris for them to ask questions. Cepheus shrugs and attempts a backstab on Derris attack=12(14 if Derris is human) damage = 6

ooc: correction- +2 for human is to damage not attack so attack is 12 and damage would be 8 if still hits. Thats what I get for posting first and reading rules second. :eek:
 
Last edited:

Wik

Visitor
Cepheus brings his blade down on Derris' back, but a slight scuffle of his foot means that what would have been a fatal blow is instead only a nasty gash along Derris' back, as he turns to face the gnome.

"...what the?"

The gnome is now looking down the alleyway - there are a total of five goblins, all wearing spiked leather armour and carrying viciously curved swords and spiked shields, except for a cloaked goblin, who carries a massive (for a goblin) curved sword with two hands.

Initiatives and first actions, please.
 

Corwyn

Visitor
Is the ally a dead end ?

As Aiken sees the goblins in the back he shouts "Pathetic weak belly crawlers!! Your mothers were elves!!" And other such colourful insults in goblinoid just to be sure that they understand him.

He keeps standing next to the alleyway opening and lashes out at the passing goblins.

Once they are out of the ally he will try to flank one.

Init 1d20+2=17

OOC do we roll for combat as well?

if we do
Att of opportunity (if one arises) 1d20+3=11, 1d6+1=6 Aiken swings wildly at the first opportunity forgetting his old lessons

Normal att. against either an orc or Derris whoever comes. 1d20+3=18, 1d6+1=5
He calms himself down a bit, takes aim and draws some blood.
 
Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Init: +6 (dex: +2, Imp init: +4) (1d20+6=10)

Pendrake is fighting a vocabulary conundrom and going over the translation from his language thereby not fully paying attention. Suddenly it occures to him that battle has insued...

QA: draw weapon, longsword

MA: move to the ally

SA: attack with said longsword!

"Ack! Overgave nu demon!" he declares boldly
 

Corwyn

Visitor
OOC I'm going sailing this afternoon and won't be back till Monday. npc me where necessary, Aiken will try to flank an attacker so he can get sneak attack bonus.

Have a good weekend everyone.
 

Wik

Visitor
SURPRISE ROUND:

Solange is able to pull off her Bless spell. All her allies suddenly feel at ease, and calmer, as if slightly touched by the divine. (sorry, forgot to say that)

Cepheus of course, still hits Derris.

***

FIRST ROUND:

One of the goblins snarls and swings at Derris, already distracted by the gnome. The goblin's blade Slices into Derris' chest, leaving a gash that slowly begins to Leak Red into his shirt.

A second goblin does the same, slashing Viciously at Derris' legs. The rogue lets out a muffled cry, and falls to the ground. A third goblin leaps onto Derris' chest, and slashes his throat out.

The fourth goblin looks at the gnome, and holds his blade at the ready. Seemingly caught up in the fight, he jumps at Cepheus and Swings wildy, just barely missing the small gnome.

Auric moves into position at the alleyway mouth, unsure of what action to take.

Cepheus swings at the goblin in front of him (since Derris is dead), and hits, although just barely - the goblin barely notices the slice in his frenzy.

Pendrake moves forward to assist Cepheus, and [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1116508]Stabs at an opening the wild goblin has left, dealing quite a bit of Damage. The goblin grunts and falls to the ground, clutching his chest.

Leaving Solange open, and the goblin leader. (OOC: I was going to finish round one, but I need to jet... lol)


Derris' Initiative (1d20+6=16)
Goblins' Initiative (1d20+1=18)
Goblin Leader's Initiative (1d20+2=3)

Alright. So, total initiative order:

Goblins (18)
Aiken (17)
Derris (16)
Auric (16)
Cepeheus (14)
Pendrake (10)
Solange (4)
Goblin Leader (3)
 
Last edited:

Wik

Visitor
The Goblin leader takes a step backwards as the fight begins to pick up. "Fools! No fighting! NO FIGHTING!" he shouts in goblin. "We can't win this! Run!"

At that, he turns around and runs further down the alleyway. Only one of the goblins seems to hear him, and follows, leaving two goblins still in the fight, not realizing they are outmatched.

Code:
Everyone's Positions:
====---=====
====---=====
====---=====
====---=====
====-L-=====
====G--=====
====CGA=====
--N-SP------
------------
------------
------------
------------

A=Aiken
N=Auric
S=Solange
C=Cepheus
P=Pendrake
L = Goblin Leader
G = Goblin
= =5 feet of wall
- =Five feet (open terrain)^
 

Wik

Visitor
ROUND TWO:

One of the goblins faces Aiken, and snarls. He throws himself at the rogue, swinging his blade in a violent arc, that contacts nothing but air, due to effective dodging on Aiken's part.

The other goblin, facing Cepheus, tries to feint the gnome, and Clumsily uses his blade - Cepheus parries it with ease.
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Round two:

Pendrake sees the other two goblins take off and will attack the runt who stands in his way...this paticular runt goblin seems a bit flanked by Aiken and Cepheus so he takes advantage of this...(no flanking bonus for Pendrake)

BAB +1, str +3, wpn focus +1 (1d20+5=16) his weapon strikes true!str +3 (1d8+3=7)

OOC: Hope you didn't mind me rolling on Ivisible castle (that eats nederlanders for snacks) for you.
 
Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Auric steps forward a few feet and swings his greatsword at the leader.
OOC: I think that will put him in the negatives but not dead.
 

Advertisement

Top