W2a: The Doublemurder Goblins (Manzanita Judging)

Knight Otu

First Post
(Initiative (1d20 3=13))
Semabin dashes to the man's aid, drawing his scimitars along the way. "Not the guys from up north." he mutters.

(Declare dodge on the goblin to the south (AC 18); move action to move 1 square south-west, 2 squares west along the road, 2 square south-west again, draw scimitars as free action with the move action. If the squares with the rock are difficult terrain, that's a double move, otherwise, I'll attack with a single scimitar; I'll wait with the attack roll until you confirm whether I get one.)

Gobletchica

First Post
Wik said:
Except they're goblins. No orcs present. :)

Tor rolls 1d20+6 with her shortbow. You accidentally rolled damage. Don't worry, if you hit, I'll let you keep the roll. But, remember that the rain makes shooting difficult - you may just miss.

Do you want to move forward before you shoot? Tor could move to the west four squares, putting her at the edge of the courtyard. It would also make her shot easier, since if she doesn't, the goblin has cover from the attack.
OOC: yes and thanks. I forgot the right roll. I'm still used to playing on the board.

Wik

First Post
(OOC: Semabin's action here; the rocks do not count as difficult terrain. For the record, the fountain, the cart, and any square with a barrel are difficult terrain, while the trees act as cover but are otherwise free for movement)

ROUND ONE:

Initiative Order
Jamilee: 24
Jerrand: 18
Mounted Goblin: 15 Bless Effect, +1 attack and saves vs. fear, 10 rounds remaining
Semabin: 13
Tor: 12
Foot Goblins: 8 Bless Effect, +1 attack and saves vs. fear, 9 rounds remaining
#1 (West)- Full HP
#2 (South) - 3 HP Damage
#3 (East) - Full HP

Jamilee draws her cutlass as she moves forward, and hurls forth a bolt of magical terror at the worg while her Raven takes to the sky. Jamilee feels her connection to her familiar severed for only a moment, and it feels as if she has become slightly colder in the already chill summer night.

The goblin takes one look at Jamilee, and instantly realizes that a spell was cast upon it's mount, though it doesn't even blink; the worg's strong will (25) prevents the spell from even causing a shiver to run up the foul creature's furred back.

(OOC: I actually misread your description at first. The worg only has a will of +3... but considering a 20 was rolled, it's purely academic).

In his heavy armour, Jerrand dashes forward, slogging his feet through the slick mud that coats the cobblestones. He quickly raises his shield and mace and barrels towards the nearest creature. "Red-eyed vermin, by the Stone you will not kill anyone this night!" , he screams to get the creatures attention.

The Mounted Goblin grins at Jamilee viciously. Reaching into a leather vest adorned with rodent skulls and feathers, it pulls out a stained sheet of parchment. It reads aloud five sharp, guttural sounds, and the scroll suddenly hisses into flame! It evaporates immediately, though Jamilee has to blink her eyes twice - did the eyes of the goblins reflect that same colour of flame? In any case, they're certainly braver now...

(OOC: Jamilee identifies the spell... the goblin cast Bless)

The worg then snarls at Jamilee and leaps backwards off the wagon, and puts the horde of goblins between it and Jamilee. (moved six square south)

Semabin charges forward in the mud as Tor readies off her shot. The arrow flies past his ear, and he has to duck down as he takes his swing. The poor angle allows the goblin, flanked by the human warrior, a chance to leap out of the way. He curses in goblin, and spits at Semabin.

Tor moves forward, dashing down the cobblestones while she pulls out her bow. She aims with shaky hands, and follows the mounted goblin as he heads left, behind the fountain. She tries to take aim, but can't fire at the fast target until he is already behind a crowd of goblins. She lets loose her arrow...

Hit the Cover; 1= Goblin to the west, 2= South Goblin, 3= East Goblin, 4 = Waggoneer, 5 = Jerrand, 6 = Semabin. (1d6=2)

The arrow fails to hit the mounted goblin, but does find a target in the crowd that was providing him cover. The goblin that Semabin was focusing on dodging takes an arrow in his shield; the arrowhead pierces the metal and bites deep into his left arm. He lets out a feral howl that reverberates off the stone walls nearby.

The first goblin, closest to the mounted goblin, makes a cruel slice with his rusted short sword at the surrounded human. The human, however, ablydodges (9) the goblin's poor attack.

The goblin struck by the arrow glares at Tor, and pulls back from the human waggoneer. As the rain pounds down on his shoulders, the goblin pulls out the shaft with a grimace, and drops his sword as he moves. He pulls back to the alleyway, becoming absorbed by the shadows. Jamilee thinks he sees the goblin pull something out of a cloth bag at his hip, but the elf cannot tell what.

Finally, a goblin closest to Jerrand and Semabin , already forced to dodge Semabin's blow, has a look of pure hatred on his face. He takes a swing (7) that Semabin is easily able to dodge... only enraging the goblin further

Attachments

• Courtyard Fight.jpg
    Courtyard Fight.jpg
    718.6 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

Gobletchica

First Post
OOC: I just wanted to warn everyone. I will be gone on a family trip all weekend. Don't expect to hear from me between Friday afternoon and Tuesday morning. Sorry to cause any inconvienence. For the life of me I can't remember wether or not attack rolls are 1d6 or not.
IC: Tor aims her shortbow at the rider heading for Jamilee.

Wik

First Post
OOC: No problem, chica. I can always roll for you... I have all your stats with me, anyways.

I'll edit your action in, and I'm assuming you're moving so you can actually get a shot in.

Jerrand Redband

First Post
ooc: thanks for posting initiative like that kind of hard to go up and down page figuring it out so were waiting for the foot goblins to go and then round 1 is over is that right?? will edit my actions for round two into this post after Jamilee's turn

initiative order link: http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=4237019&postcount=13

just an easier way for me to check initiative

Jerrand round two: Jerrand draws back his mace then let's out a loud, "Die VERMIN!!" The mace comes down hard but the crafty goblin blocks the blow with it's shield. Pieces of the wooden circle chip off but it and the goblin are still ready for the fight.

ooc: I'm going to attack a goblin. Either the one right in front of me or if Jamilee kills it (which I think she will) then i take a 5-foot step SW and attack the southern goblin

Rolls= attack 1d20+2=11 and damage 1d8+2=10

link: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1603449/

Last edited:

Robichaud

Explorer
Observing the lack of effect from her spell, Jamilee scowls and sputters disappointedly. "..but Venn told me this would grnalways work! Oh, well.."

She consoles herself by heading into the developing melee; drawing her shortsword into her off hand, she slashes at one of the goblins with her cutlass. (Attack 1d20+6=15, damage 1d6+1=5)

(If Semabin hasn't managed to drop the "east" goblin, she moves SW, S, SW, and attacks it. Otherwise, one more step to the west allows her to attack the "west" one.)

Gobletchica

First Post
Wik said:
OOC: No problem, chica. I can always roll for you... I have all your stats with me, anyways.

I'll edit your action in, and I'm assuming you're moving so you can actually get a shot in.
OOC: Thanks and please treat my character as a NPC while I'm gone.

Wik

First Post
OOC: Alright. I'll keep the combat running here, but I'll also post an update on the first page, so I can go back and get the relevant info easily later on.

Semabin charges forward in the mud as Tor readies off her shot. The arrow flies past his ear, and he has to duck down as he takes his swing. The poor angle allows the goblin, flanked by the human warrior, a chance to leap out of the way. He curses in goblin, and spits at Semabin.

The first goblin, closest to the mounted goblin, makes a cruel slice with his rusted short sword at the surrounded human. The human, however, ablydodges (9) the goblin's poor attack.

The goblin struck by the arrow glares at Tor, and pulls back from the human waggoneer. As the rain pounds down on his shoulders, the goblin pulls out the shaft with a grimace, and drops his sword as he moves. He pulls back to the alleyway, becoming absorbed by the shadows. Jamilee thinks he sees the goblin pull something out of a cloth bag at his hip, but the elf cannot tell what.

Finally, a goblin closest to Jerrand and Semabin , already forced to dodge Semabin's blow, has a look of pure hatred on his face. He takes a swing (7) that Semabin is easily able to dodge... only enraging the goblin further!

Remove ads