• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wahammer RPG

drakhe

First Post
Funny, no trolls statted in the old core book...

Hmm, funny, in a world where trollslayers are famous, no stats for trolls in the core book. Anybody have an idea where they are statted? (that would be one to add to my wishlist)

Reading through these posts, with all the comments pro and contra the random char.creation system... I started thinking. I played through the last third of the EW campaign (played a human judicial champion become leader of the Knights of the Fiery Heart, Reinhold Gottesfrieden) and am currently running the full campaign as DM. And I noticed something funny.

When me and the guys play ADnD, we hardly ever roll anything, it's 95% roleplay. Characters are built but not for power, rather more for background. We like it that way.

But in WFRP, we feel just the opposite. Everybody thought the random character creation was refreshing and actualy a bit of a roleplaying chalenge. And we roll a whole lot more. I guess the atmosphere of the game has us rely more on luck and the dice then (A)DnD.

So in the one game we remember great feats by way of how we played them, in the other we remember them by means of the impossible roll's we had to get. And we enjoy both equaly!

[btw: both groups are different, currently only one other player plays in both]

pogre

Legend
drakhe said:
Hmm, funny, in a world where trollslayers are famous, no stats for trolls in the core book. Anybody have an idea where they are statted? (that would be one to add to my wishlist)

The old Bestiary section can be a little confusing, but trolls are in there. They are thrown in with the other humanoids (page 229 after Troglodytes and before Warrior of Chaos).

drakhe

First Post
Should have known, logic was never a GW trait ...

pogre said:
The old Bestiary section can be a little confusing, but trolls are in there. They are thrown in with the other humanoids (page 229 after Troglodytes and before Warrior of Chaos).
Woohooo, never needed to look up monsters before as all info I need is right there in the modules... And GW never had logic as a trait, I mean, rule books that are going to be used for searching and looking up stuff... WITHOUT INDEX? Theu even publish rulebooks without table of contents... Sure hope the Green Ronins think to include TOC and index!

drakhe

First Post
Actualy, no kidding, THANX!

Pramas said:
You bet. Both a TOC and an index are in there.

Yeah, actualy pretty cool! I had gotten used to GW books without index and or TOC and today I got Races of Destiny from WOTC and guess what..... NO INDEX...<grmbl>.

So even though some might call me ridiculous, I realy mean a BIG THANK YOU! My 2 main areas of interest (RPG & Computers) are very "rules" heavy and having a proper index and TOC is a real REAL timesaver (and gives a big modifier to sanity checks)

Speaking of which: anything major to expect in that department for WFRP2?
(sanity I mean.... I know, I know, I'll have to wait.... :confused: )

Remove ads