• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Waldorf!

Nifft

Penguin Herder
The Grumpy Celt said:
I wonder, was the first letter a real letter Dragon got, of something they made up in ouse.
I doubt they have an ouse. (But I also think they didn't make it up. Why would they have to? There's more silly people outside of the magazine than inside; it's more likely an outsider wrote the letter than an insider.)

Cheers, -- N

messy

Explorer
Maldin said:
From page 98 of The Adventure Begins...

Waldorf the Archmage (CN human male, Wizard 1, hp 1) is the 64 year old owner of the Roc and Oliphant Tavern. "Waldorf is notorious for his tall tales, most of which allegedly concern his past life as a deity. (He says he was eventually thrown down and made mortal by other jealous gods after a great battle in space.) He is a master storyteller for a failed wizard, and his grandiose but straightforward lies are the envy of all."

that's brilliant. :cool:

messy

Slife

First Post
Fieari said:
Pun Pun eats The Mortiverse for breakfast. The poor little pile of templates just doesn't stand any kind of real chance.

Oh, and did you read Kiloton, above? Apocalypse from the Sky just doesn't come close. 6 Str/Dex/Con damage no save within 1000 feet of the epicenter? 40d6 fire, 60d6 bludgeoning (save for half)? And then that rather high fort save or simply be disintegrated, no matter how many HP you have?

How does that compare with a mere 10d6 single typed damage (granted, in a 10-mile radius, not in the 150/250/1000 ft radius of kiloton) that additionally causes you 3d6 con damage, 4d6 wis DRAIN, and 1d3 wis damage simply for having it prepared in the morning!

I mean, yowza! Give me a nuke over that any day!
The explosive spell abuse on find the city gives much higher damage levels, and no damage from preparing it.

Thurbane

First Post
BasilX.jpg

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid we're fresh out of Waldorfs"

Remove ads