Want to Run Tomb of Horrors

Marauder_POV

First Post
OK so if any ones played this, i just want some info.

Our group is around 7 players, lvl4-5currently. Bard,fighter,cleric,paladin,avenger,warlock and ranger

What leve would group like this be able to do ToH with it being reasonably hard(not always TPK, but some fear would be good)

Plus what levels is it meant for?

malraux

First Post
Which tomb of horrors?

S1: the original module
Return to the Tomb of Horrors: the significantly expanded 2e module
Tomb of Horrors: the freely available 3.5 Conversion
Tomb of Horrors: the 4e conversion sent out as a DM's reward that is just a conversion of S1
Tomb of Horrors: the 4e module that is basically Return to Return to the Tomb of Horrors

There are a lot to choose from.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I now have both 4E versions. I am so going to use the "classic" 4E version with my original S1. Very excited about this.

Will also use most of the book as well. (I plan on using the one in the other). It looks more interesting and more flexible then other 4E adventures. Not as good as s14e, but good.

Marauder_POV

First Post
Either of the 4e modules would be good, but I would have trouble getting the RPGA version as they were given out in the US, not Australia.

I think the 4e Tomb of Horrors would suit our group better due to the modularness of it.

So has anyone played it?

What are the levels for each module? i heard it was split into 4 sections?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Either of the 4e modules would be good, but I would have trouble getting the RPGA version as they were given out in the US, not Australia.

Well, it was posted worldwide (including Australia) for DMs who'd recently updated their information on the RPGA site. I know that because I have one. :)

What are the levels for each module? i heard it was split into 4 sections?

It starts at level 9. I think after that you have sections at 12, 16 and 22, but I'd need to doublecheck. I'll be running it come the New Year.

Cheers,
Merric

Remove ads