D&D 5E War cleric and spiritual weapon vs. gwm

Zardnaar

Legend
I'm rarely in a position to choose stat generation method. Typically that decision is DM driven.

Has no bearing on my campaign, does it yours?

I let my players decide. They can roll, point buy or array.

Your DMs not following RAW. You could ask to roll I suppose but that ruling is in houserule territory.

Only rule about rolling is you do it in front of me.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I let my players decide. They can roll, point buy or array.

Right. You allow them to do that, not RAW.

Your DMs not following RAW. You could ask to roll I suppose but that ruling is in houserule territory.

Do you always follow RAW for everything? If not then it's really not this golden standard that you are setting it up as.

Only rule about rolling is you do it in front of me.

Isn't that a house rule as well?

Zardnaar

Legend
Right. You allow them to do that, not RAW.

Do you always follow RAW for everything? If not then it's really not this golden standard that you are setting it up as.

Isn't that a house rule as well?

PHB rule. You can roll or array. Point buy is ask DM.

I fine with honest rolls, I've seen newbs with rolled stats with 3 score in the 18-20 range.

Rolled at home of course. If you stay array all the time I find you end up with more cookie cutter builds, where the players match up class and race to maximise bonuses and some archetypes like valor bards kinda suck.

Zardnaar

Legend

You want to play a concept and your DMs not allowing an option that's RAW enables it.

Some things like races are optional. If you're in houserule territory it's anything goes or whatever you can convince the DM of.

Online you kinda have to go with RAW just for a common point of reference.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
You want to play a concept and your DMs not allowing an option that's RAW enables it.

So what?

Some things like races are optional. If you're in houserule territory it's anything goes or whatever you can convince the DM of.

That's not really the case. Having a campaign specific way of generating stats doesn't imply it's anything goes. I mean it just doesn't logically follow.

Online you kinda have to go with RAW just for a common point of reference.

There are many common houserules of which 1 is not allowing rolled stats. Many players and DM's swear by that methodology. There's no issue with taking into account common houserules when talking about a common point of reference.

Zardnaar

Legend
So what?

That's not really the case. Having a campaign specific way of generating stats doesn't imply it's anything goes. I mean it just doesn't logically follow.

There are many common houserules of which 1 is not allowing rolled stats. Many players and DM's swear by that methodology. There's no issue with taking into account common houserules when talking about a common point of reference.

I've never seen array only IRL. You hear about it online I suppose.

If you want to use it knock yourself out.

Remove ads