• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

War of the Burning Sky 4E?

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
"Just about done" is unfortunately an exaggeration. I have a busy weekend ahead; what will become the "WOTBS combat encounter format" has yet to materialize, and there are 13 of them.

So wish me luck!

jbear

First Post
Is there somewhere I can check out a brief run down of the path through the different tiers? I imagine it's the same story in the 3.5 edition version right? Can someone point me in the right direction to a plot spoiler?

Pseudopsyche

First Post
Is there somewhere I can check out a brief run down of the path through the different tiers? I imagine it's the same story in the 3.5 edition version right? Can someone point me in the right direction to a plot spoiler?
I believe the campaign guide includes a page summarizing all the adventures. It's available for free at the WotBS site.

Rechan

Adventurer
I wonder if someone will run this over on the PbP board here. I'm tempted to hold off on reading it, purely so that if this happens, I won't be 'Crap I've read that'.

It is!

I was a little late delivering the edited copy to the layout artist, who is just about done. I've also seen some of the new art commissioned for the adventure, which I really like. We're right on schedule with the second adventure as well. I like the adventure a heck of a lot: three levels of play and close to 50K words (which is why the editing took me longer than I had expected. I should have known!) Really good stuff.

YAY!! I am sooo buying it as soon as it comes out!

catsclaw227

First Post
I am considering running it over a VTT like Maptools. Most of the maps are already in 1" format, unless there were some drastic changes to accomodate 4e.

PC -- have any of the maps changed? And if so, are any of the artists going to rerelease the 4e battlemaps that did change?

It's either this, or the 4e conversion of Rise of the Runelords.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

There's an entire Player's Guide and Campaign Guide available free.

Jack99

Adventurer
"Just about done" is unfortunately an exaggeration. I have a busy weekend ahead; what will become the "WOTBS combat encounter format" has yet to materialize, and there are 13 of them.

So wish me luck!

Please do not use the same format as eDungeon. Pretty please...

Please do not use the same format as eDungeon. Pretty please...

Thankfully, AFAIK, he is going for the alphabetical set up. Very simple every encounter, read out text, piece of background info, skill challenge, etc has a title and they are listed in alphabetical order.
At the end of each section it says go to Section Abc if Xyz happened or Section Def if Uvw happened. Very simple and effective, with all the information in an easy to find way.
Enjoy :)

Remove ads