War of the Burning Sky 4E?

PaulKemp

First Post
Does anyone know if the release of the WotBS 4E subscription is on schedule? The Scouring of Gate Pass was to be released this month, but is still not available.

I tentatively plan to subscribe and use WotBS in a new campaign, but I've been holding off until the first adventure was released (and hopefully reviewed somewhere).

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
It is!

I was a little late delivering the edited copy to the layout artist, who is just about done. I've also seen some of the new art commissioned for the adventure, which I really like. We're right on schedule with the second adventure as well. I like the adventure a heck of a lot: three levels of play and close to 50K words (which is why the editing took me longer than I had expected. I should have known!) Really good stuff.

Last edited:

PaulKemp

First Post
It is!

I was a little late delivering the edited copy to the layout artist, who is just about done. I've also seen some of the new art commissioned for the adventure, which I really like. We're right on schedule with the second adventure as well. I like the adventure a heck of a lot: three levels of play and close to 50K words (which is why the editing took me longer than I had expected. I should have known!) Really good stuff.

Great to hear. Thanks, PC.

Paul

Jack99

Adventurer
I tentatively plan to subscribe and use WotBS in a new campaign, but I've been holding off until the first adventure was released (and hopefully reviewed somewhere).

I can almost garantee that there will be at least one review available shortly after the release.

I can almost garantee that there will be at least one review available shortly after the release.

Do you mean: "I can almost guarantee that there will be at least one shortly review available shortly after the release"? ;)

Looking forward to this, we are running the WotC module series and they have the depth of a children's swimming pool, although nicely done (and don't get me on to the 'the Bad Guy you just killed has a letter/instructions/map/etc in his pocket/chest/laptop that point you to the next encounter' standard plot mover throughout all the modules so far :rant:)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Looking forward to this, we are running the WotC module series and they have the depth of a children's swimming pool, although nicely done (and don't get me on to the 'the Bad Guy you just killed has a letter/instructions/map/etc in his pocket/chest/laptop that point you to the next encounter' standard plot mover throughout all the modules so far :rant:)
I hear that 9th one is pretty good... (whistles casually)

The first module of WotBS starts fairly narrowly, with a specific problem, and provides for a surprising number of ways to go about solving it. I'm very much liking how skill challenges are being added to round out roleplaying encounters as well.

I was talking about the H1,2,3; P1,2,3 etc modules not the SoW. Yeah my guys want a bit if a mental challenge (and a bit more RP) so I am looking forward to it. I like sandbox type challenges with loads of solutions, keeps me on my toes and the player's feel more in control... the modules are pretty railroady.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
Not to put too much pressure on you or anything, but my group is really looking forward to this. I really liked the original series (I'd be running it now if 4E hadn't come out) so I'm VERY excited to see what you did with it.

But no pressure, honest. ;)

--Steve

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Not at all. :D

I just got an email from our excellent layout artist, who's working to get it done by the end of the weekend. Realistically there may be another day or so while we look it over before it goes live, but we're working to get it out by the end of the month as planned.

Meanwhile I'm working on adventure 2. Rah!

Remove ads