• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

War of the Burning Sky, an E.N. Publishing Campaign Saga

Soel

First Post
Devyn said:
I'm really looking forward to this. Especially the impact of magical warfare.

You said it! D&D should be full of armies trained to fight in fireball-proof formations.

I normally don't like 1-20th adventure paths, but this one seems compelling as hell.

And I'm really glad there's no archfiend in sight!

Wik

First Post
So, what's the deal? PDF released every month? How much per PDF? How big will each adventure be? I mean, are these going to be comparable in size to, say, the typical AP adventure?

One thing I'm not sure I like about the whole idea is the fact that it seems to have a campaign world attached to the adventures. While this does exist with the current APs (to an extent), there's not a whole lot of detail that goes behind this - and that's deliberate. While I know a bit about Sasserine, I'm free to improvise a lot of stuff. If this were a world where I needed to learn about the Ragesian empire and this Coaltongue person, I probably wouldn't touch episode #2.

Not that I'm ragging on this, though. It sounds like it'll be a lot of fun, and I might just pick up a PDF or two to see what comes up. Just putting out my two cents.

While we're on the topic, what'd you decide to call it, since Paizo asked for no "adventure path"?

catsclaw227

First Post
I'm certainly interested. Consider me a buyer.

Will you consider a "subscriber" discount that allows someone to buy all of them in advance for a reduced cost, then receive a monthly download coupon?

Pozatronic

First Post
Olaf the Stout said:
Paizo have really started something. EN Publishing and Necromancer Games are both coming out with "adventure paths" too now.

Olaf the Stout

Necromancer? Are you talking about the Tsar three part series or something else? Let me know what you know, or give me a link or something. Pretty Please.

Alzrius, no checks (unless you're interested in writing one of the adventures), but I promise you'll be listed in the acknowledgments of every adventure.

Catsclaw, I would definitely consider a subscription option, though I don't know if it'll be viable in the new pdf OneBookShelf store. But I'll ask Russ to look into it. We certainly won't object to people paying us in advance.

Wik, of all the critiques I received from folks I showed the campaign saga outline to (and we're officially using the term "campaign saga"), a concern for the setting not fitting into everyone's game was the most common one (after 'be careful not to railroad' and 'be sure to make the psionics optional'), so believe me when I say we're making sure that you can slot the saga into another setting without too much trouble. We obviously can't officially say where to place it in the Forgotten Realms or Eberron, but we might casually offer such suggestions in forum posts.

As for size and price, we're still figuring those out, though I imagine they'll be roughly like the length of Dungeon AP adventures. I'm working on the first adventure, and when we go into layout we'll have a better sense of what we want to charge. We're also planning to offer associated mini-products that can add more depth and breadth to the saga, like small monster books that go into more detail on the new critters, but we would probably need to find extra writers to help with that.

And of course I named the emperor after Dranko. He's one of my heroes.

We're going to have to keep some things secret, but if anyone else has questions, feel free to ask.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
If you need any help, I'll offer my own services. I *adore* the "entire campaign" design you guys have going here, and love the set-up story. :)

I'm pretty excited about this. Very cool, gents, very cool! :)

BlackMoria

First Post
We're going to have to keep some things secret, but if anyone else has questions, feel free to ask.

**raises hand to ask question**

Will the campaign saga require or utilize material outside of core (like Heroes of Battle, etc) or will the core books be sufficent to run the entire saga?

Last edited:

Remove ads