• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

War of the Burning Sky, an E.N. Publishing Campaign Saga

kroh

First Post
Um...Can some one give me a hint on where they hid the torch...? I so want one of those.

Color me interested and definately going to pick this up. Has anyone started a news group or anything where Burners (ummm, have you come up with a name for people playing in the campaign) can get updates and news until this comes out?

Have you guys signed the movie rights yet? Who is playing Coaltongue?

Regards,
Walt

Crothian

First Post
BlackMoria said:
**raises hand to ask question**

Will the campaign saga require or utilize material outside of core (like Heroes of Battle, etc) or will the core books be sufficent to run the entire saga?

I can't fully answer this, but the summary I saw did use psionics. So, there will probably be an option for having that in this. I doubt things like Heroes of Battle will be used since it is not in the SRD or open content. Other OGL books though could be used.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Nice. This was something a lot of us wanted from Paizo next time around, so I imagine you should get good response to this. Setting the fallen empire off the edge of the map is a nice way to make this portable to various worlds, too. There's a few worlds where it'll be a problem (it'd be tricky in Eberron at first blush), but for the most part, it's an elegant solution to the problem.

If the sky doesn't actually catch fire at some point, though, I'm going to be very disappointed. Talk about cinematic moments!

Son_of_Thunder

Explorer
BlackMoria said:
**raises hand to ask question**

Will the campaign saga require or utilize material outside of core (like Heroes of Battle, etc) or will the core books be sufficient to run the entire saga?

I'd also like to know this as well. It does look very exciting though.

Arnwyn

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Though designed for a generic setting, the campaign saga can easily fit in most popular game worlds,
I was going to call you a dirty, filthy, liar :)))...

...of all the critiques I received from folks I showed the campaign saga outline to (and we're officially using the term "campaign saga"), a concern for the setting not fitting into everyone's game was the most common one (after 'be careful not to railroad' and 'be sure to make the psionics optional'), so believe me when I say we're making sure that you can slot the saga into another setting without too much trouble. We obviously can't officially say where to place it in the Forgotten Realms or Eberron, but we might casually offer such suggestions in forum posts.
... but then you said this.

I'm still skeptical, but you did address my #1 concern.

Slife

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
If the sky doesn't actually catch fire at some point, though, I'm going to be very disappointed. Talk about cinematic moments!

The sky catches fire. What are your constitution scores again?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Olaf the Stout said:
Read this thread from the Necromancer Boards: Orcus' not-so-secret project: Necro Adventure Path

I don't know when or how they actually plan on doing this but it seems that an Adventure Path is definitely in the works.
I hate to be a negative nelly, but given how slowly Necromancer stuff comes out (for good reasons, don't get me wrong), I'm not going to start blocking out time for this any time soon.

Seonaid

Explorer
I also have read the outline and, while I'm not at all a fan of this packaged type of thing (nor am I a fan of 1-20 adventures), this looks amazing. It is very flexible (I really like the idea that the main villain varies depending on what the PCs do) and, above all, fun.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads