WarCraft Trailer

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
When CGI break your suspension of disbelief.

[video=youtube;2Rxoz13Bthc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rxoz13Bthc[/video]

Last edited:

looks interesting. I am possibly the only one here to NEVER have played the game so I have no idea how true it is to the game. But it has promise.

MechaPilot

Explorer
looks interesting. I am possibly the only one here to NEVER have played the game so I have no idea how true it is to the game. But it has promise.
Actually, I've never played the game either. The movie looks interesting.

I have played World of Warcraft; there was a while where I had no D&D group to play with, so WoW supplied my fantasy adventuring fix even though it failed to offer everything that I love about D&D.

From what I've seen, and bearing in mind that my knowledge of the in-game lore consists only of the broadest strokes, it appears consistent. The orcs (and the draenei) did come from another world that was dying (arriving through something called the Dark Portal, if memory serves). It looks to me like the trailer is hinting that this film will show the genesis of the Allianace and Horde as opposing factions, and that seems like a good place to bring in an audience who may be only vaguely familiar with WoW.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Awww, where's all the sexy Dreanai? :)

But, in actual seriousness, the movie does look interesting. If my friends want to see it in theatre, I'll do that, otherwise, definitely going to be a Redbox for me [I almost never go to actual movie theatres anymore!]

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
haven't played since the earliest games but yep its essentially the storyline. Orcs are noble savages from a dying world with most becoming corrupted after drinking demon-blood. The orcs eventually invade the human world Azeroth with only a few warning against the demonic corruption and descent into aggression and violence - that looks to be the story that the movie is telling. It even has the baby which iirc puts the movie in the era of the second game

The game has a dragon, I'm wondering if the movie will too

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases