Warhammer 40k RISK

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.

Someone got chocolate in my peanut butter.

Warhammer_RI_20_PR_web.jpg

Last edited:

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
In the grim darkness of the future there is only marketing. Monopoly is next, mark my words. Hah, take that Inquisitor Boot, you landed on the Black Library! You own me 500 credits. Pay up sucka!! The dull click of a las mag being inserted. Or, yeah, you know, whatever man, you could just roll again too...

CptPhoenix

Explorer
I could see wargaming groups using this in campaigns. We played DBA campaigns using a RISK board, and it worked out well, though we didn't use the RISK rules at all. The map gave us a zoomed-out campaign view, and then we played out the battles using our armies on the table.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
I've used a full Catan set for both 40K and Fantasy campaigns and it's worked very well. This game could do the same job, sure.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
It was a homebrew thing we bashed up at the FLGS. It was pretty bare bones, and we're going back some years here so my memory is a little fuzzy. You could have X number of forces per square (2-3 maybe?), and most could move 1 per turn. Everyone submits blind declarations at the beginning of the campaign week for movement - attack, move, etc. Declarations are determined in the order that people actually get their games played in, and games not played by X date are ignored. Wins and losses make small incremental changes in that forces point total (losses for sure did, I think dropping by tiers of 250 points on a loss). There was some sort of basic resource system based on the Catan resources of each square that determined reinforcements every so often (every two weeks perhaps). I believe that towns and cities enforced attacker-defender scenarios and provided free fortifications to the defender, and roads increased you movement by one. That's what I can summon up from the foggy depths of my memory anyway.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases