• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warhammer, The Darkness Within, Intro

Dragoon

First Post
Morning breaks in Hochenbacher to another wet and cold miserable day. The hearth in the Slick Pig has been started and brings a little warmth into the taproom. The tavern staff are busy scurrying around with their chores. You have decided to meet your fellow investigators here at the tavern then all head to the lumber camp to the north.

Asmor

First Post
Jotunn is sleeping in his bed in the back of the forge, blithely unaware that he's supposed to be somewhere right now.

ObiAndy

First Post
Nicklaas wakes and has a simple porridge to stave off the cold that lingers in him from last night. His few belongings are packed, and he awaits the others to arrive.

Also, the thoughts of a gold crown in his pocket helps warm him.

scranford

Explorer
Felix

Felix awakens feeling refreshed and hungry after a good nights sleep. He stops at the kitchen door and buys one of the cooks special pies, and taking care not to burn himself on the hot pastry, quickly wolves it down.

Then he heads to the blacksmiths shop to retrieve Gus, and pay the Blacksmith for his work. He finds the door closed to the shop, but not letting that deter him begins to bang on the closed doot.

"Open Up". "Open up, I say". "I need to retrieve my horse". "Open up Blacksmith".

Imperialus

Explorer
Hans is sitting out in front of the tavern. It looks like he spent the night sleeping in a field. The innkeeper refused to let him in while not in chains so he sits cross legged on the porch sharpening his greatsword. It's a simple weapon but obviously well cared for, the mark of a professional fighting man. As he sees the other members of the expedition walk by he nods in acknowledgment and grunts.

"bastard won't let me in. I'll be waitin out here. Bring me somethin to drink will ya? Maybe some food if it ain't too rotten. I got coin." He proffers a slightly dingy looking gold crown.

Last edited:

Asmor

First Post
"Go away! We ain't open yit!"

After a bit of the ol' back and forth, Felix succeeds at awakening Jotunn, retrieving Gus, and the two head to the inn.

Arriving at the inn, Jotunn hauls himself up onto a bar stool. "Git me somethin' and make it strong," he coarsely commands, slapping a bit of coin on the bar.

Eltharon

Explorer
Ravandil, after gulping down his porridge in a great display of speed (Probably to make it go away faster then out of real hunger), kicks back his chair and waits for the rest of the party to arrive, his feet resting casually on the table.
After about twenty minutes of waiting, he pulls out his knife and begins to inspect the edge.

Dragoon

First Post
OCC:
Okay looks like everybody is ready for the most part ready to move out to the lumber camp.

By mid morning you are approaching the lumber camp by following the cart trail, the camp site is in a small clearing to the north. From a distance it looks like there is a great fire burning despite the constant overcast drizzle the sky is putting out. The air smells of burning flesh...by the fire you can make out three bestial man shapes, all with horns, one of them has a full set of mature ram's horns and is large in stature than the other two.

Code:
a| |t| | | | | | | |t|
b|t| | |t| |t| |t| | |
c| | |t| |T| |T| |W|W|
d|t| | | | | | | |W|W|
e| |t| |b|f|G|T| | | |
f| | | | |b| | | |L| |
g|t| |T| | | | |L| |t|
h| | | |T| | |L| | | |
i|t|t| | | | | | |t| |
j| | |t| | |t| |t| | |
k|t| | | | |t| | | |t|
l| |t| | |t| |t| |t| |
m| | | | |t| | | | | |
n|t| | |t| |t| |t| |t|
  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
W= Woodpile (cover, must climb to move through)
G= Large Beastman
b= Small Beatsman
T= Tent (difficult terrain)
t= Tree (cover, impassible terrain)
L= Fallen Tree (cover, difficult terrain)
f= Firepit (difficult terrain, 1d3 wound damage)
-10% on BS more than 5 squares away)
Characters start on rows m or n

OCC:
This will be the pre combat setup, and then we will roll init.

Asmor

First Post
"Ach! Git back, wee ones," Jotunn says to Orwin and Nicklaas, "there's trouble ahead!"

Jotunn rushes forward a bit, hunkering down behind a tree to hide himself from the monsters and try to get a better look at them. He quickly reaches into his pack to pull out his trusty pick, in the very likely event that things get nasty.

Code:
a| |t| | | | | | | |t|
b|t| | |t| |t| |t| | |
c| | |t| |T| |T| |W|W|
d|t| | | | | | | |W|W|
e| |t| |b|f|G|T| | | |
f| | | | |b| | | |L| |
g|t| |T| | | | |L| |t|
h| | | |T| | |L| | | |
i|t|t| | | | | | |t| |
j| | |t| | |t| |t| | |
k|t| | | | |t| | | |t|
l| |t| | |t| |t| |t| |
m| |J| | |t| | | | | |
n|t| | |t| |t| |t| |t|
  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
G= Large Beastman
b= Small Beatsman
J=Jotunn

ObiAndy

First Post
Asmor said:
"Ach! Git back, wee ones," Jotunn says to Orwin and Nicklaas, "there's trouble ahead!"

Jotunn rushes forward a bit, hunkering down behind a tree to hide himself from the monsters and try to get a better look at them. He quickly reaches into his pack to pull out his trusty pick, in the very likely event that things get nasty.

Nicklaas, initially startled, quickly recovers his senses and ducks behind a tree. His hand rests on his cutlass.

Code:
a| |t| | | | | | | |t|
b|t| | |t| |t| |t| | |
c| | |t| |T| |T| |W|W|
d|t| | | | | | | |W|W|
e| |t| |b|f|G|T| | | |
f| | | | |b| | | |L| |
g|t| |T| | | | |L| |t|
h| | | |T| | |L| | | |
i|t|t| | | | | | |t| |
j| | |t| | |t| |t| | |
k|t| | | | |t| | | |t|
l| |t| | |t| |t| |t| |
m| |J| | |t| |[COLOR=PaleGreen]N[/COLOR]| | | |
n|t| | |t| |t| |t| |t|
  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
G= Large Beastman
b= Small Beatsman
J=Jotunn
[COLOR=PaleGreen]N=Nicklaas[/COLOR]

Remove ads