• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warhammer, The Darkness Within, Intro

ObiAndy

First Post
Nicklaas stands quietly back, knowing full well that his size cannot hide his youthful face. Still, being a boy of 16 years, 10 of which have been spent at sea, have hardened his temperment to know when to speak and when to listen....

TRD

First Post
Orwin Vogel

Orwin absentmindedly wiped unseen dust off the cuff of his frayed blue robe. Born to the Baron's service after his father, a travelling magician, had impregnated one of the chambermaids his sharp mind attracted the attention of the Baron's previous scribe Dietmer Konrad. Eager to be retired Dietmer trained the young lad in the rudimentary basics of parchment and study before setting off for his homeland.

Orwin did not mind his current life as scribe and occassional courtier in the Baron's "court" but his readings on the daemon hordes and ancient wizards always left him thinking that there may be more to life than the weary walls of Hockenbacher.

Looking at the motley group assembled, he wondered to himself what task the Baron had planned for them. No doubt he would be stuck in the Baron's manor translating scripts on the wonders of sheep's milk for the bladder while the men in front of him got to battle horned devils in the Forest of Shadows while bathing with winter nymphs.

Eltharon

Explorer
From the corner, Ravendil eyed the Baron's retinue with a faint look of interest. After five days in this town, some adventure would be a welcome change. Then again, from the look of the Baron, he wasn't sure if change was something he wanted right now.
Practicality, however, pulled him towards the storeroom. His gold wouldn't last another day, and the odds of him finding any sort of job in this hamlet were slim, to say the least.
He was one of the last in the room, and stood in the back, near the door. He said nothing. Better to find out what this was before he stuck his face in it.

Dragoon

First Post
The Baron looks wearily at Hans, "No you are still my prisoner, however my guests here," the Baron looks at, Nicklaas, Ravandil, Felix, Jotunn, "are welcome to eat and drink while we discuss my offer. You Hans are going whether you like it or not."

"Now then my offer, I want the four of you to go about 5 miles north out of Hochenbacher and find out what is going on in my lumber camp. Those lazy ass slugs have not made a delivery in three days, nor has anybody seen them.

"I will send along my scribe Orwin to record the details of what transpires and to act as my agent, you five will protect him and make sure he returns safely, after all scribe replacements are expensive," the Baron adds with a laugh.

"As for you Hans, you will go and if do not give Orwin or the others any problems, your debt to to me will be paid. I will pay the rest of you each one gold crown for performing this most trivial task for me, obviously a prince's ransom for such an easy task."

"Ohh all that talking has made me thirsty!" The Baron takes a long pull from his tankard and waits your answers.

Asmor

First Post
I'm no errand boy, but that is practically free money.

"Ya've yarself a deal, Baron. Now where's the wench? I need more o' that elf-piss ye be callin' ale."

Imperialus

Explorer
Hans purses his lips in thought... "So ya just want us to go see whats up? If it turns out they slacken off you want me to crack some heads and remind em who's bossman round here? I want my sword back before I go though, an I hope you don't want me tryin to keep dat beanpole alive if I still got dees on my arms." he rattles his chains for emphasis.

scranford

Explorer
Felix Brecht

Felix, thinking quickly calculating how many pies he could buy with that additional crown, and a bit bored to boot also chimes in.

"You can count on me Baron". I'll make sure we get to the bottom of what those lazy scallywags up at the lumbercamp are up to".

Then turning to the rest of the party as he helps himself to the refreshments; "What say we leave just after sunrise tomorrow"?

Asmor

First Post
Despite his drunken sleep, Jotunn snorts loudly when Felix suggests leaving at dawn, as if Jotunn actually heard him. He did not, of course, and continues to sleep.

Dragoon

First Post
"Yes of course, Hans I will have Otto release you and give your equipment back to your for the trek to the lumber camp, and if those slugs wont listen to my scribe then by all means crack some skull."

The Baron then looks to the others, "Yes by all means leave tomorrow at first light. Orwin stay with them, I want a full report."

The Baron stands up and walks out of the room, Otto releases Hans from his shackles and says, " I be sendin' dun a runner wit yer gear, I expect naught to see ya back in me goal."

Remove ads