[Warhammer] Those Scrolly-things

Filcher

First Post
Sorry for the stupid question:

In a lot of Warhammer FRPG art, I see bits of tattered scrolls glued/affixed by wax onto armor. Usually the bearer seems a servant of Sigmar, ala the massive warhammer.

What is the purpose of these tatters? Are they wards? Talismans? Marques via the emperor?

Thank you for your time. Sorry for my ignorance.

jedavis

First Post
I'm not at all familiar with WHFRPG, but from your description, they sound identical to purity seals from WH40k.

Dark Heresy Space Marine Netbook said:
The Emperor, in His wisdom, knows even faith is not always enough, and so grants his priests the ability to bless His servants so that they may face the darkness with His light at their side. Any bishop has sufficient standing within the Cult of the Emperor to create the physical benedictions known as Purity Seal; strips of parchment, carefully inscribed with prayers to the Emperor or His saints, anointed in holy oils and unguents and affixed with wax colored with the pure blood of martyred pilgrims, which guard those who wear them, strengthening their faith and driving off those who would lead them into darkness...

Seals can be attached to clothing, armour or weapons. For many the location is not important. What matters is that the Purity Seal is displayed prominently, for it is not the way of the Emperor to hide His power from those he opposes. Purity Seals have no power unless they are displayed as symbols of faith, clear for all to see... Only those with faith can benefit from wearing a Purity Seal... Those of exceptional faith find that Purity Seals are even more potent.

Remove ads