• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warlock to cover rogue role?

Klaus

First Post
Ryan Stoughton said:
Well, I've just learned that we have a rogue and no arcane caster, so I think it would be better for me to roll Sorcerer (maybe metamagic type)
Nah, just go straight Warlock. With Deceive Item and scrolls/wands, you can do anything any caster (arcane or divine) can.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Klaus said:
Nah, just go straight Warlock. With Deceive Item and scrolls/wands, you can do anything any caster (arcane or divine) can.

And watch your cash go into the drain.

Warlock should never, EVER be the only arcane type in a party that's trying to be balanced. A bard would probably be more useful.

Brad

nittanytbone

First Post
I second the call for a Beguiler. They are strictly better than an enchanter/illusionist focused Sorcerer. They are MUCH MUCH MUCH better than a Bard/Warlock multiclass. And its also better than dipping into a non spellcasting class such as Rogue.

Like a warlock, they also get UMD as an in-class skill so they can pop out an evocation or conjuration occasionally if need be (sometimes you just need a fireball or Teleport).

Remove ads