• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warlord Homebrew Collaboration (+) (Create a 5e Warlord)

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I really like the idea; is this going to trigger on a hit, or is an enemy going to get some sort of save for 1/2?

It is somewhat rare to have auto-damage in 5e. In addition, this might be susceptible to the bag o' rats problem (hire a bunch of henchmen as your allies and deal even more damage!).

Thinking it would be a great "rider" (all allies that do damage from an attack - either weapon or spell - do additional damage).
Group damage buff definitely works, but I was imagining basically an AoE effect the enemy saves against.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
AoE with a save is creeping dangerously close to spell country. I'm not sure how hard we're trying to work to avoid "this is all reskinned spell effects, WTF". Not saying I don't like the idea though.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Yeah it is cool, I'm fine with it being on the list.

We may want to spend a little time talking big picture before we continue throwing out ideas for specific abilities. We don't really have mechanical parameters set for the class, nor have we (AFAIK) settled on how many of each ability type we plan on handing out, nor set any overall goals for how many abilities we expect the class to be able to use in a turn.

We have Ki (mettle?) as the points system. We also have non-points base abilities. We have a ton of ideas about individual abilties, what we don't have is a larger plan, nor any real idea what is core class versus subclass. It might be easier to talk about various specific abilities within the context of, for example, an idea like "we are going to have six auras, of which the class will select three, one each at levels X.Y. and Z". The we can talk power levels with some confidence.

Just a thought.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
This is unacceptable. You are harassing lowkey at this point. Stop.
Really? To me it looks like I am conforming to the venerated Lowkey assertion that by not starting a thread like this I am not contributing and only complaining. Also I am stopping this thread is going off my radar as is the other Diatribes started by that one.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Yeah; not my decision, but the idea of granting damage riders to all of your allies is both kind of cool, and (AFAIK) not used in 5e.

Which makes it so much cooler and more, um, Marshall-y seeming than another AOE, save for 1/2 effect.
Man. You right.

I’m really sorry this got ruined.

Thank you for the contributions. This thread has been a really nice way to build something.

Remove ads