• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warriors Of The Coast

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ari nods his thanks to Kahlia, then turns to Taviss. "Check their gear, including this one's. Especially that magic wand." He then cranes his head at Zan. "How long this spell of your's last? I'll keep a hold if it, but it'd be great to know if I'm suddenly going to shrinky-dink." He then addresses the rest. "Anyone got some questions for this thing? Assuming it doesn't understand me?" Ari tighten's his hold just a bit to see if it will respond.

Ringmereth

First Post
Taviss nods once, and as he walks forward to the lizardman he felled, the archer straps his bow onto his back. He kneels down by the bipedal reptile and pulls the longsword out of the creature's hand, and then proceeds to thoroughly search its body for items of use or value. Wiping his hands on his trousers, he drops the motionless corpse and continues to the second body to do the same. "I trust y'got a firm hold on 'im, Ari," he calls to the 12-foot hunter as he inspects the lizardman. "But I say we tie 'im up."

Bront

The man with the probe
stonegod said:
Ari nods his thanks to Kahlia, then turns to Taviss. "Check their gear, including this one's. Especially that magic wand." He then cranes his head at Zan. "How long this spell of your's last? I'll keep a hold if it, but it'd be great to know if I'm suddenly going to shrinky-dink." He then addresses the rest. "Anyone got some questions for this thing? Assuming it doesn't understand me?" Ari tighten's his hold just a bit to see if it will respond.
"Should last a minute or two. Glad you found it useful." Zan says. He triest to figure out what spell the wand fired at them as he moves to retrieve it.

James Heard

Explorer
Draconic:
[sblock]"We should wound him before we let him go back to his tribe. Of course, if he doesn't tell us everything we need to know we should wound him to cripple him - because I imagine his tribe's treatment of a useless warrior who failed them already would be worse than anything we frail ones could come up with. I hear that some of the tribes set their criminals force near termite mounds and force them to eat sawdust until they are consumed from the inside? I imagine that would be an interesting way to go. I wonder if your anscestors can even recognize you in the afterlife if all your bones have been eaten by termites?" [/sblock]

Nelson said it conversationally, with a malicious twinkle in his smile, as he wiped the blade of his pale-bladed rapier.

"Or maybe it would jus' be easier fer Ari to take a quick stomp t'this gentleman's ankles in the first place. Rope is pretty expensive."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Nelson said:
"We should wound him before we let him go back to his tribe. Of course, if he doesn't tell us everything we need to know we should wound him to cripple him - because I imagine his tribe's treatment of a useless warrior who failed them already would be worse than anything we frail ones could come up with. I hear that some of the tribes set their criminals force near termite mounds and force them to eat sawdust until they are consumed from the inside? I imagine that would be an interesting way to go. I wonder if your anscestors can even recognize you in the afterlife if all your bones have been eaten by termites?"
As Nelson's speech in the lizardman's own language resonates in his ears, the lizard starts to squirm a bit and whine in fear. Ari tightens his grip on him and he yelps in pain once and then settles down. Those that understood Nelson's draconic diatribe realize why the lizardman got upset.

As Taviss searches the bodies of the two dead lizardmen, he finds that they each have a pouch with approximately 30 gold each and a couple gems. Individually, the beheaded one wears a buckler shield on his left arm, and an ornate and gorgeous ruby ring on his right hand. In his quiver Taviss finds about a dozen javelins in various condition... half of them looking as though they've been thrown and reclaimed multiple times, while the other five are in pristine condition. The armored one is in spectacular and extremely clean chainmail, no traces of dried blood or rust to be found. On his left arm is strapped a large metal shield that has seen better days, and in his right the longsword seems to shine and reflect with an inner light. When he comes upon the one Ari holds, it's a bit more difficult to get things loose. But all in all the ranger is able to get the wand, a pair of potions, and a cracked mace off of him. For those that speak draconic, you can hear the lizardman complain about having his things taken from him, but another squeeze from Ari shuts him up once more.

Zan immediately rushes over to grab the wand... having deduced that the balls of energy that sprang from it and left no discernable wound on Ari were probably force-related. It will take a bit of doing to find out how many charges are left in this wand of magic missiles, but any one that fires three missiles at a time is a boon.

drothgery

First Post
Draconic
[sblock]
"I don't think it's necessary to threaten to torture him, Nelson. If we let him go, and he bothers us again, or bothers anyone else and we learn of it, then he will die. I'm sure he understands that. So there's no need to be cruel. Of course, if he doesn't tell us exactly which humans his band had an "arrangement" with, and what that arrangement was, then I don't see why we should let him go."
[/sblock]

Khalia says a few words to the Lizardman and Nelson, in a harsher tone than you might have expected from her.

"If he cooperates, then I don't think it will be necessary to tie him up. Still, does anyone have any rope?" She asks.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"I've got some, and Taviss probably does as well," Ari answers to the archivist's question. Meanwhile, after seeing what Taviss finds, Ari comments that the chain and sword might be useful to him. "No use letting them go to waste. What's that odd shininess on that blade anyway?"

Ringmereth

First Post
Taviss piles a heap of new equipment near Ari and the restrained lizardman. "Take th' rope from me pack. I got more 'n' enough," the ranger offers, and examines the loot before him. He hefts the sword that interests Ari and gives it a few swings to test its balance, and then looks at it intently to see if the light is emanating from the blade or merely reflecting off it. "Damn right y' could use it, Ari. Good sword."

The ranger puts the sword aside and begins following the tracks of the lizardmen, periodically looking up and around warily.

[sblock=DM]...but as soon as he puts a few dozen feet and a bit of cover between himself and the others, he pulls the glimmering ruby band from a pocket and examines it closely with an appraising look. Unsure of what to do with it, he drops the ring back into a pocket, and continues following the tracks.

OOC: Everything in useable condition but the ring was put in the pile. Also, if this shows up as red to you too, some weird bug is afoot.[/sblock]

James Heard

Explorer
Draconic:
[sblock]"Maybe we should just shove him on a pike somewhere along this path to warn the rest of his tribe what happens when people attack Seawell?"[/sblock]
Nelson looked around for various lengths of wood, testing them for length and strength, and casting some aside every so often muttering things like "Won't fit in a cloaca" and "Too short, its feet will touch the ground..."

" F'course," he began in common and finished in Draconic:
[sblock]
"If he started talking really soon I might start t'consider it too much trouble to be looking fer anything more. If he was really clear about what he decided to say, I might even consider lettin' him go. Might. [/sblock]
The Prestidigidation still in effect, a misty red smoke began to seep from the young man's eyes.

When the young bard turned away from the lizard man he had to close his eyes and bite his lip to keep from doubling over in laughter.

This is more fun than, than....well more fun than almost anything! he thought.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads