• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warriors Of The Coast

drothgery

First Post
"I don't see that we have much choice. We can't take him with us if we're any kind of hurry, and it certainly wouldn't be ethical to kill him after he answered our questions. Besides, I doubt he ever wants to see a human again, and I should think he understood that I was quite serious about what would happen to him if we caught him a second time." Khalia said.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ari looks at the lady hard for a moment, then sighs. "Fine. Lets get it done then." He quickly unties the lizard, then kicks it once to get it moving. "Get out of here, cur."

Maybe Taviss will think its escaping...
The hunter smiled grimly to himself.

"Well, if Zan isn't going to look at the items now, I suggest we get going to the lighthouse. Nelson should have been killed by any traps there by now. Poor boy."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The lizard sees his bonds being cut off and he immediately leaps up and bows to Ari and Khalia. "Thank you... thank you... I'll go now. And sssay nothing! Nothing! Thank you!" He then sprints off to the north, avoiding the path he originally came here on (and thus will probably miss Taviss).

OOC: Whoops! Sorry stonegod, forgot to mention it. Yes, it's a set of chainmail, not just a chain shirt.

Bront

The man with the probe
"All you had to do was ask," Zan will cast detect magic and look over the pile of loot. He'll then scan over the rest of the party as well as the other lizard bodies.

OOC: Sorry, I was going to cast Detect magic, been sorta sidetracked with Living Eberron and something going on in LEW. No one spoke up when Zan asked about the wand, but he still simply has it it in his hand.

Ringmereth

First Post
Taviss strides back into camp as the lizardman disappears into the brush. He stops and frowns at the creature's back, and spits on the ground before walking to the place he was restrained and retrieving his rope. "Wha'did yeh get out o' him?" he asks.

stonegod

Ari grunts as he picks up the spare equipment, stowing it the best he can (after Zan does his magic). Responding to Taviss, "Nothing much other than its seems someone is paying them to distract Seawall. Probably pirates; said the leader was some guy with a sword. Could be our kidnappers. The Luttin boy's heading to the house; I suggest we follow as it will give us a vantage on the beach if nothing else."

Finishing packing up, distributing some to Taviss if the weight is too much, Ari begins moving out. "Let's go."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Zan stands over the pile of equipment and begins an incantation. While the party looks on (and Nelson continues down the path towards the lighthouse), soon the changeling's eyes begin to glow and he begins sweeping his gaze over the items on the ground. Reaching down into the pile he pulls out six javelins, the suit of chainmail, the longsword, and the two potions. He glances down at the wand on his belt and nods in confirmation of what he already knew, that the wand was magical too.

Zan stands up and dust his hands off, then notices Taviss standing there. He cocks his head to one side while looking at the ranger, and makes a casual movement with his hand towards one of Taviss' pockets (the one that holds the ruby ring he grabbed from the lizardman's corpse). 'You know you have something magical in your pocket?'

With no time to actually identify exactly how magical these items are, the group gathers things up and prepares to follow Nelson to the lighthouse.

stonegod

Ari finishes storing the chainmail and miscelaneous loot. He walks up to Garrick and offers him the javelins. "You seem to use these." He hands Khalia the potions, "We can figure out what the do later." All prepared, he claps Taviss on the back, jokingly saying, "I heard the stories, but I didn't think you Brelish really had magic ones," and then sets off.

drothgery

First Post
Khalia packs away the potions as they start walking off, shaking her head at the banter between Ari and Taviss. In a minute they'd remember there was a Lady around. And that would be worse.

Ringmereth

First Post
The ranger barks out a laugh. "More 'n rumors, Ari," he replies. Not one for joking, though, he lets the monster hunter walk by and then approaches Zan. "Magic?" he asks. "I don't 'spect t' see magic droppin' from th' scalies," Taviss comments as he shows Zan the ring. "But it did no good for 'em."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads