• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Was: What happened to the member list? Now: Firebird problems w/ the board

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Firebird? Is that Firefox, or am I getting confused? If so then, as far as I'm aware, Firefox is an experimental browser and does not yet support all the features that other browsers do.

Michael Morris

First Post
A2Z said:
Thanks, but it'd be nice if the pulldowns were working with Firebird. I can't send PMs or a bunch of other things without them. I wonder if I'm the only one with this problem?

A2Z, Vbulletin makes a browser version query to deterime whether it is safe to send the code that drives the dropdowns without crashing the browser and to get it to display properly. It also has a no drop down alternative. I promise you that as soon as I can I will write a no drop down version of the navbar with all the links working.

In the meanwhile I think it's possible to change Firebird's query string so that it will "lie" to vbulletin and claim to be IE or Netscape. That would get the dropdowns to work, but it might have other unexpected results.

A2Z

Explorer
Michael Morris said:
A2Z, Vbulletin makes a browser version query to deterime whether it is safe to send the code that drives the dropdowns without crashing the browser and to get it to display properly. It also has a no drop down alternative. I promise you that as soon as I can I will write a no drop down version of the navbar with all the links working.

In the meanwhile I think it's possible to change Firebird's query string so that it will "lie" to vbulletin and claim to be IE or Netscape. That would get the dropdowns to work, but it might have other unexpected results.
If it helps the pulldowns work fine at Nutwarz which uses the same VB version I think?

Psionicist

Explorer
A2Z said:
Well that explains it. The pulldowns aren't working in Firebird.

If it doesn't work, try the latest build (or perhaps, a nightly). You can also try to create a new profile.

I use Firefox 0.8 and everything works exactly as it should, save the WYSIWYG editor.

Remove ads