Watch This Video About SWORD COAST LEGENDS Campaign Creation

These two videos comprise a two-part extended look at the campaign creation and DM tools in the upcoming Sword Coast Legends video game. The first is 12 minutes long, and the second is about 15 minutes of a DM and four players going through a dungeon in real time. This is the same stuff that was shown at E3 (more info on that here).

[video=youtube;6nfQ3wa9iBc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nfQ3wa9iBc[/video]

[video=youtube;1PUbc3ofBgY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PUbc3ofBgY[/video]

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
What I would ideally like is a persistent-style location which allows many players. I'd use it as a sort of EN World tavern/hangout. Maybe slowly turn it into a little village that folks could hang out at, and add little fun quests they could do. Anybody could dip in and out whenever they liked, as it'd be on a persistent server.
This would be very cool.

zlorf

First Post
What I would ideally like is a persistent-style location which allows many players. I'd use it as a sort of EN World tavern/hangout. Maybe slowly turn it into a little village that folks could hang out at, and add little fun quests they could do. Anybody could dip in and out whenever they liked, as it'd be on a persistent server.

That's a lot beyond these tools, I think, but maybe later? NWN was used for that sort of thing quite a lot.

I think they're called Muds :)
Cheers
Z

TheSwartz

Explorer

I happen to be excited about this game because it still looks like something I'd enjoy playing. However, that being said, you hit the nail on the head regarding one of the (if not THE) biggest complaints made so far about SCL, and I predict will be the biggest complaint after release. I'm still holding out hope that a persistent capability will be possible and they are just playing that info close to their chest since N space seems to do that, but... Unfortunately I don't think I should hold my breath on that...

WiredNerve

First Post
I am wondering if they are going to make the option to create new maps and etc part of a "revenuized" option. Pay for the feature kind of thing...

Remathilis

Legend
This seems like a tradeoff between simplicity and function. NWN's generator was massive and complex, and even with a strategy guide JUST FOR MODULE DESIGN, it was too obtuse for some of us without scripting knowledge. A point-and-click stocking system, easy quest generation, and DM on the fly rules might make using the DM tools not an experience in pain.

OTOH: the cost of this is that you will lack flexibility. No map generation is huge; it means we won't be able to recreate maps from other places. (I think that might be intentional; they can sell us map packs from LMoP, ToD, or EE later). Similarly, I think they want people who want an MMO/Persistent world feel to use Neverwinter.

Burticusb

First Post
I really like the randomization for quick and dirty dungeon building, but at some point I do hope the decide to support a more robust builder... I'd really like to build something from ground up...

Quickleaf

Legend
Have there been any example videos of Sword Coast Legends handling other than a dungeon crawl? Sounds like there are some features (e.g. DM speaking thru an NPC) that we have yet to see?

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases