• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Way OT] Scientists Find World's Funniest Joke

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Darkness said:
I think you're right. :)

Only the Belgians apparently differ...
edit - And the Brits - which is no surprise, given how often they must have heard their Scottish neighbors crack jokes like this one. :p

Here in France, Belgian humor is considered a bit... bizarre... :D

Jarval

Explorer
The deer fakes left, ... Now he's going wide, Oh! He took a hit, but he's still on his feet! ... Now he's swinging to his ... HE'S DOWN! THEY GOT HIM! THEY GOT HIM! THE HUNTS OVER!

Love the Far Side sig Wolf :)

William Ronald

Explorer
Well, I am part Scottish on my father's side.

Here is another joke I read that was in the running.

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson are camping. In the middle of the night, Holmes shakes Watson awake and urgently asks "What do you see?"

Watson pauses for a minute and says. "Well, Holmes, I see the stars. If some of those stars are like our sun, then some of them may have planets. And some of those planets may be like our own and even have life on it like ourselves."

"Watson, you idiot!" Holmes shouts. "Someone stole our tent!"

Numion

First Post
Hmph.. the funniest IMO was the americans' favorite, and I'm not even american! That was really funny.. the hunter thingy not so.

Humanophile

First Post
If anyone has a list of the jokes that were used, I'd like to see it. I was kind of upset to find out that I'd never heard the world's funniest joke before.

Plus, I'm curious. It's a base human impulse, but I wonder if there were any inappropriate jokes in the running. They might have been less publishable, especially if one won, but it'd also be interesting to see what people's reactions to those are.

Jarval

Explorer
William Ronald said:
Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson are camping. In the middle of the night, Holmes shakes Watson awake and urgently asks "What do you see?"

Watson pauses for a minute and says. "Well, Holmes, I see the stars. If some of those stars are like our sun, then some of them may have planets. And some of those planets may be like our own and even have life on it like ourselves."

"Watson, you idiot!" Holmes shouts. "Someone stole our tent!"

Heh, the birthday card me and my brother got for my Dad had that joke on it :)

Jeph

Explorer
Funny, Morrus, I ran into that site a few months ago, and the results were the same.

IMHO, this is the world's funniest joke:

So a monkey walks into a bar, slaps a five dollar bill on the counter, and points to a beer. The bartender figures, hey, monkeys don't know nuthin about money, and just gives him a nickel in change.

A bit later, the monkey is finishing up his drink, and the bartender tries to make conversation. "So . . . Ah . . . We don't get many of your kind in here."

And the monkey replies, "Well, at $4.95 a beer, it's not surprising."

:D :D :D :D :D

-Jeph

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads