Pathfinder 2E Wayne Reynolds’ Cover Art for Pathfinder’s Bestiary 3

Artist Wayne Reynolds has shared the cover art for next year’s Bestiary 3.

Artist Wayne Reynolds has shared the cover art for next year’s Bestiary 3.

2CD7DE73-A1BD-48E7-B6BE-2C939F3266AB.jpeg

Cover art to Pathfinder RPG 2e - Bestiary 3.
Sized; 29.7cm x 40cm / "11.85 x "16. Acrylic on artboard.
Publishing copyright Paizo Inc.
Art editor; Sarah Robinson. NFS.​

Retreater

Legend
I'm loving PF2 so far. I'm only playing online on Roll20, so I'm missing out on holding actual books, owning real content (instead of leasing), and having something more tangible than pixelated tokens on a monitor. But I guess it's better to use it than put it on the shelf.
Those of you who have just tried the Playtest, that's where I was until I got back into it a few months ago. It's really quite a good system. I'd at least encourage you to look at the free resources online.

dave2008

Legend
I'm loving PF2 so far. I'm only playing online on Roll20, so I'm missing out on holding actual books, owning real content (instead of leasing), and having something more tangible than pixelated tokens on a monitor. But I guess it's better to use it than put it on the shelf.
Those of you who have just tried the Playtest, that's where I was until I got back into it a few months ago. It's really quite a good system. I'd at least encourage you to look at the free resources online.
@Retreater , the Roll20 usage numbers just came out and I was wondering: does PF2e have any official support on Roll20? Does it have the rules and SRD stuff, or do you have to do it all custom?

@Retreater , the Roll20 usage numbers just came out and I was wondering: does PF2e have any official support on Roll20? Does it have the rules and SRD stuff, or do you have to do it all custom?

Roll20 has the rulebooks and Fall of Plaguestone available for purchase until recently. Extinction Curse and the first Agents of Edgewatch are now availalble. One thing to note is the note in the report that many systems that went down in percentage actually added games. So for example PF1 more than likely added games but went down as a percentage of total games. So definitely showing PF2 with an increasing percentage is adding a large portion of games. And losing my two as I move to Foundry. :D

Retreater

Legend
There is some official support, but it's not at the level of 5E yet. First the Age of Ashes AP isn't on there (much to my chagrin), neither are Society adventures, or any 3pp material. The compendium isn't fully functional and you can't drop many feats into the character sheet and (most annoyingly) any equipment, so you have to program in every weapon and suit of armor. And it doesn't automate traits like agile or sweep.
It technically works, and new features have been added in recent months. But running Age of Ashes on there is taking a lot of work.

Mercador

Adventurer
The cover has being bothering me. I had this feeling I didn't like it, but yet thought it was fairly interesting and I like the clockwork dragon (skeletons a re a bit boring, but I like that the tip the cap on troop rules). After looking at this cover a few more times I just realized my issue is the color. The color palette is to brown and the piece lacks contrast. I like it better now that I know what was bothering me so much.
Too pale, washed out.

MaskedGuy

Explorer
I'm kinda weirded out by this being the final "core" bestiary. Implication seems to be that besides it taking a while until next bestiary that bestiary books after this will be more "themed". Like instead of "bestiary 4" it will be like... I dunno, how many puns you can make out of ooze and dictionary?

I'm kinda weirded out by this being the final "core" bestiary. Implication seems to be that besides it taking a while until next bestiary that bestiary books after this will be more "themed". Like instead of "bestiary 4" it will be like... I dunno, how many puns you can make out of ooze and dictionary?

I am thinking more like Monsters of Horror, Monsters of the Occult, etc. More of a story type collection of monsters, instead of monsters by type.

Remove ads

Remove ads